Advice Request "Clean the PC" check does not work on my Chrome

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
As I write on the thread tittle, "Clean the PC" check does not work on my Chrome.
I tried to reset Chrome but this action is continuing to fail.
I have the latest version.
4.PNG

1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
You might want to scan your system with Adwcleaner and/or with Adlice Diag. Maybe they can find something chrome related stuff that prevents you resetting chrome...

One thing to try is to manually disable all your chrome extensions and then try to reset/clean up your chrome.

Kind regards,
-sepik
Thanks @sepik
AdwCleaner and Adlice Diag scans are clean.
adw.PNG
ad.PNG

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Hello,

I'm out of ideas, but couple of things to try:

Copy-paste to address bar: chrome://settings/resetProfileSettings?origin=userclick
Copy-paste to address bar: chrome://flags/ and click "reset all". Then restart chrome and try to reset/clean up again.

Maybe uninstalling/reinstalling chrome is the best solution now, remember to backup your bookmarks etc before doing that.

Kind regards,
-sepik

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,

I'm out of ideas, but couple of things to try:

Copy-paste to address bar: chrome://settings/resetProfileSettings?origin=userclick
Copy-paste to address bar: chrome://flags/ and click "reset all". Then restart chrome and try to reset/clean up again.

Maybe uninstalling/reinstalling chrome is the best solution now, remember to backup your bookmarks etc before doing that.

Kind regards,
-sepik
Thanks @sepik
I tried these 2 reset but the problem is still here.
I go to uninstall and reinstall Chrome.

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Hello,
Check this Guide how to completely remove chrome.
If that is not going to help, i think your other security software might cause problems. Temporarily disable Emsisoft, if you're still using it might help or OSArmor.

Kind regards,
-sepik

• Thanks
Reactions: show-Zi and JB007

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
Yesterday I have the pleasure to see that "Clean the PC" was now working again on my Chrome :)
chrome.PNG

What's new on my PC :
*AVAST uninstalled
*Bitdefender Total Security installed
*OSArmor uninstalled (I will not pay for it)
*Windows 10 Pro updated to "2004"

PS: I will update my security profile ASAP.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
did you block software_reporter_tool.exe with gpedit or registry?
I doubt it because I or someone mentioned it in the past. blocking that exe will reduce google chrome's data collection and cpu usage. It will make chrome cleanup not working
by the way, I think chrome cleanup is useless, totally useless. It never cleans anything or detect any malware although I installed a lot of active malwares on my test machine

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
did you block software_reporter_tool.exe with gpedit or registry?
I doubt it because I or someone mentioned it in the past. blocking that exe will reduce google chrome's data collection and cpu usage. It will make chrome cleanup not working
by the way, I think chrome cleanup is useless, totally useless. It never cleans anything or detect any malware although I installed a lot of active malwares on my test machine
Hi @Evjl's Rain
No I did not block anything.
You are right this "cleaning" is probably useless but it should work ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.