Intel Core i5-9400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor
GPU
none yet
RAM
Klevv Bolt X 3200 16GB (8GB x 2)
Storage
Intel H10 512GB
PSU
Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 ARGB 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Case
Cougar MG120 G MicroATX Mini Tower Case
Monitor
Acer 27" Nitro black
Keyboard and Mouse
Ducky One 2 RGB White TKL Mechanical Keyboard with Kailh Silent Pink switches.
Mad Catz The Authentic R.A.T. 8+ Optical Gaming Mouse
Accessories
Still searching for a gpu.
My computer protection
TechYesCity (trimmed windows) install image, Internx (cloud backup), AdGuard, Xeovo VPN (wireguard), DNS over TLS (nextDNS), Netgear Armor (bitdefender total), BitLocker, unprivileged local account, controlled folder access, windows logon via YubiKey

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
Just for visits to my parents on odd weekends. Here's what available GPUwise with a rough "value for money" index.
I'm leaning towards the 1650 Super or the 2060.

GPU_options.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
The first thing to check is that the CPU 4/8 pin power adapter is inserted properly.
Best to removes all devices including SSD and try booting with only 1 stick in DIMM slot A2.
If the PC successfully boots use A2 and B2 for dual-channel memory.

Here is the support page for your mobo you can also check your storage and RAM compatibility with
the board.

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
All good now. 8-pin Power cable was the first thing I checked before powering on; and It was out, so I plugged it back in to the PSU (and mentally crossed that off my list of possible problems for later). Apparently it falls out easily.

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
I can barely notice any gaming difference between this and my work rig(2970WX, 3070TI) on my preferred game settings. I also regret buying the H10 when they flooded Gumtree months ago when Intel announced its end-of-life. The mobo support for it is weak af. I never got the Optane cache recognised even with this "Optane/RST board partner" mobo. The next build I'm planning is all Maxsun/be-quiet! on whatever Ryzen ___X for B550M I can score a deal on.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.