cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Although I normally keep away from these discussions, I just found out I have to go on a rather extensive road trip and must cancel all my plans- I'm a bit grumpy.

1). Stating that all Comodo products must be junk because a flaw was discovered in an unrelated product is absurd. Would all Asus products be trash because of dead pixels in one of their monitors?

2). All Comodo products are bad because their forum Mods are mean, or Melih is a dope can also be considered a flawed argument.

3). All Comodo products are unusable because they are buggy- although bugs I'm sure will exist, these are normally relegated to fairly obscure parts of the program and really annoy only tweak-geeks. I keep remembering the "300 bugs" statements from the rabble over at Wilders- would only the internet progress to the point that one can slap someone through the monitor...

4). The AV sucks and the Hips module is pointless- Actually this is me saying that! The strength of Comodo is an Enterprise class virtualization module and fine firewall. The HIPS and AV are relics of the past and should be discounted.

5). Indeed, Comodo can be bypassed- ANYTHING can be bypassed with sufficient effort: nothing is perfect (except yours truly, of course). However some things can be bypassed with ease, and others are much, much more difficult. Comodo belongs in the latter class.

6). Their products are never released on time- Horrors! They actually want to test it further so the product is more user friendly. What nerve!

Anyway, if a person hates a product, fine. But at least come with valid arguments to make the point.

Rant End

Reboot

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Just do not install GeekBuddy problem solved. I never install anything other than their firewall. It is their firewall we are all looking for.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Although I normally keep away from these discussions, I just found out I have to go on a rather extensive road trip and must cancel all my plans- I'm a bit grumpy.

1). Stating that all Comodo products must be junk because a flaw was discovered in an unrelated product is absurd. Would all Asus products be trash because of dead pixels in one of their monitors?

2). All Comodo products are bad because their forum Mods are mean, or Melih is a dope can also be considered a flawed argument.

3). All Comodo products are unusable because they are buggy- although bugs I'm sure will exist, these are normally relegated to fairly obscure parts of the program and really annoy only tweak-geeks. I keep remembering the "300 bugs" statements from the rabble over at Wilders- would only the internet progress to the point that one can slap someone through the monitor...

4). The AV sucks and the Hips module is pointless- Actually this is me saying that! The strength of Comodo is an Enterprise class virtualization module and fine firewall. The HIPS and AV are relics of the past and should be discounted.

5). Indeed, Comodo can be bypassed- ANYTHING can be bypassed with sufficient effort: nothing is perfect (except yours truly, of course). However some things can be bypassed with ease, and others are much, much more difficult. Comodo belongs in the latter class.

6). Their products are never released on time- Horrors! They actually want to test it further so the product is more user friendly. What nerve!

Anyway, if a person hates a product, fine. But at least come with valid arguments to make the point.

Rant End

Reboot

This rant was pointed to me? Because many points of your reply I didnt say anything about. Personally I dont hate the product Comodo Internet Security (or firewall) but as a company Comodo is a bad tasting joke to me.

Enough is enough:

Worse than Superfish? Comodo-affiliated PrivDog compromises web security too
Google calls out Comodo’s secure web browser as anything but | Apps and Software | Geek.com
The Demise of the Antivirus Industry
How the Comodo certificate fraud calls CA trust into question

Does anyone remember Comodo DACS? What about Kevin (Boclean developer) insights? What about the long portfolio of abandonwares ?

You may like the product and it can be very effective in your skilled hands, but as company we cant take Comodo serious.

I will repeat myself : Comodo as a company is a joke.

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Comodo is a joke, I dont know why people still care about this company or their alpha products.

Worse than Superfish? Comodo-affiliated PrivDog compromises web security too
Google calls out Comodo’s secure web browser as anything but | Apps and Software | Geek.com
The Demise of the Antivirus Industry (Kevin McAleavey insights about Comodo's "internal operation")
How the Comodo certificate fraud calls CA trust into question
http://www.fark.com/comments/8610301/Comodo-goes-SuperFishing

There is so much wrong about Comodo that isnt funny, actually the way they develop and abandon software is funny :D
Disappointing, but not as disappointing as COMODO'S GeekBuddy 'technicians' if that's what we dare call them, they usually connect to your PC and tell you System32 is corrupted and it may be caused by a rootkit well first of if System32 had corrupted my system wouldn't boot (obviously) and if you go onto a Virtual Machine with Comodo Internet Security installed they still say that the imaginary rootkit must be removed manually, run scans with HitmanPro, Malwarebytes and Zemana or every security product in the world, fresh install Windows that imaginary rootkit will stay :p I could go on forever but I don't want to waste everyone's time as they are doing.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
We all have our opinions based on personal experience and with software you can't really make everyone happy. I dislike comodo because they don't fix bugs and ignore bug reports. Someone might like it so good luck using it, i am not gonna stop you.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Cruelsister you are queen of malware!!! - Are people honestly suggesting that Comodo will have a Pandemic bug alert with the new version? Melih thinks he knows it all, if so why has he not taken the world by storm, beating Kaspersky, Symantec and Bitdefender?? Plus Comodo starts and for a good 6-8 months has more bugs than the Amazon. Melih is the true mantra of the antivirus/protection world - I mean come on, the guys a clown. Just because he went to university he knows it all. Umbra knows way more than any forum mod or (I can't think of a word to sum up the rest!)

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015
Thanks for this.It doesn't surprise me,as they do need some type of software to give you remote support.A bit shifty,though...

Instinctively,I've always deselected everything sans the Firewall.

Reactions: Ink

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@StriderHunterX I am not sure that Comodo needs Remote Support, because it was never meant to Paid software. Comodo Internet Security Premium (free), in terms of protection, is identical to Comodo Internet Security Complete (paid). It's always been a more advanced Internet Security suite, and the users have so far managed.

Now if Comodo release a novice friendly version, which I believe, Comodo Cloud Antivirus could (be/have been) - I haven't tested it, then surely again, no need for any Remote Support.

Going back to Comodo Internet Security, when you consider the your first ever Comodo Antivirus Alert, it starts recommending GeekBuddy to remove the threat, even though the Antivirus is fully capable to do so (for free), because why else would you have installed CIS/CAV?

To unsuspecting users, most probable the less experienced ones, could fall victim to Comodo GeekBuddy. What do you think? :)

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015
@Huracan Good point there.

Although we like to tinker and customize our software,there must be someone out there in the wild that has found Comodo software.While marveling at the rock solid security,he/she may not figure out Comodo's other inherit functions(Like blocking unsigned installers)

Not everyone is lucky to stumble unto a nice site,full of knowledgeable people ready to help.;)

pneuma1985

Level 4
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
LOL... :D

I knew there was a VNC associated with GeekBuddy, so I never installed it.

Even with the fix - don't install GeekBuddy - nor Chromodo, Dragon or Ice Dragon; a user doesn't need any of them.

A lot of the controversy associated with the above due to dodgy practices.

Other than that, COMODO Internet Security is decent security soft using Proactive Security at default settings.
Sorry I laughed to when I read through this thread lol. Thought it was quite obvious that Geekbuddy is vulnerable software in itself and its vnc server is a piece of garbage. Always has been: its essentially a backdoor. They have had massive bugs with their vnc server ie: on February 10th they issued a hotfix for their crazy privilege escalation vulnerability which allowed you to completely escape the sandbox. The only thing Comodo is only good for it's HIPS and Firewall if you ask me. It's av isn't so hot that's why I run several portable OD scanners. Remote support is vulnerable in most cases anyway so them even offering it just seems flawed to me.
As always comodo and its bugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.