Advice Request Comodo firewall in combo with free AVs

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Any good free antivirus+Comodo Firewall free, would you take this combo?

• Very nice free security choice and with decent protection

• Nah, I would stick with paid products

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
I've used CFW and Avast, CFW and WSA and CFW and Qihoo 360. I think as far as good general protection you really can't beat CFW and Avast with hardened mode. Avast's sigs aren't that great but it doesn't really matter with it's web shield and BB/hardened mode. CFW itself is great at protecting the system with the sandbox and valk.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
it is buyable for a very fair price indeed in my opinion,
and then I would Guess and find fair that One would be free from the ads or..?

Not at this point for a price imo. Don't think it's a good policy to ask people to pay their way out of ads personally. I like the project, so I have stuck with it and as much as because the people behind it seem genuine. Not ready to pay for what they have at this point.

I wish Qihoo would try something different and work with their add-ons for earning money. I cringed every time they gave one away, honestly. But I do think too the company where it's located in the world would do well to have a solid free standard baseline program no matter what they choose down the road for income. Let's face it, they're going to serve mostly Asia into India the south pacific maybe into the middle east. They aren't generally money crazy in those places. Anyway, the money is going to be in endpoint software, and Qihoo can probably do very well in those areas if they can make the right friends with their free...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.