Comodo IceDragon ver. 13.0 is now available for download!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks for the screenshots.

From post #14: Comodo needs to be more careful with their spelling.

*possible

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
thewolfsmith72 said:
I did take Ice Dragon for a test drive, but uninstalled it, as i feel it is interesting, but not to the point of replacing the original.

These are my thoughts exactly. Currently there isn't any reason for me to use it instead of Firefox.

I don't social network, so the social networking button has no appeal, I don't use SecureDNS, and while Site Inspector can be useful, I can already just scan from the web interface, so the built-in functionality isn't reason enough to switch.

I think it will be interesting to see what they do with it though.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
HeffeD, do you like the path Comodo has taken?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
This topic, and it's other range of non-security products for example.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
They really don't have many non-security products.

I think their intentions with this product is to ultimately end up as a more secure Firefox variant. (much like their intentions with Dragon) This is just the first release, so at the moment, there isn't a lot going for it in my opinion. That's why I said I thought it would be interesting to see what they do with it.

Back up could arguably be considered a security product, as many feel that it is an essential part of system protection. Really, the only things that don't come from a security angle would be the program manager, (although it will check to make sure your windows updates are current) GeekBuddy, and system utilities.

What do I think about them putting out non-security products? I really don't care.

The only Comodo product I use is CIS, and I am a bit concerned about the whole virtual kiosk thing that is going to be in the upcoming version. I really hope that it is an optional feature associated with the sandbox, and that it won't be the only way to interact with the sandbox. I also hope that the sandbox is more configurable. I never use the manual sandbox in CIS because it's a bit of a pain to work with. Currently I'm perfectly happy with letting Sandboxie take care of my sandboxing needs.

D

Deleted member 178

If it was x64 like Waterfox it could be interesting...just doing a copy/paste of Firefox is useless.

ranget

Dec 8, 2011
i wonder what's new in it

did they harden it or just added the comodo DNS and site scanner ?

Look cool but i prefer that the ice dragon was the chromium one and the Fire dragon is the Firefox one
i don't know it makes more sense

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I see nothing wrong with Comodo making a Firefox clone.
Only time will tell if it can provide any additional features not provided by Firefox with added extensions or compare to the other clones available.

So now we have Cometbird, Pale Moon, Waterfox 64 bit and Comodo IceDragon.

More options to choose from.

Thanks.:D

I

illumination

ReviewsAntivirus said:
Some of Firefox themes not working.

A08kR.png

It is the site inspector button causing the issues with the themes. If you right click it and untick "Display Site Inspector" the themes will render properly.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
thewolfsmith72 said:
It is the site inspector button causing the issues with the themes. If you right click it and untick "Display Site Inspector" the themes will render properly.

Nice find. :)

D

Deleted member 178

Glassmyfox, more an addon than a theme, it glasses all FF features.

I

illumination

umbrapolaris said:
Glassmyfox, more an addon than a theme, it glasses all FF features.

All the other themes i have tried after disabling the built in Comodo addons, seem to work properly, although you are quite correct, this add on has some issues. I was able to get it to mostly work by installing a dark theme first then this add on over it, parts were hard to see, such as the drop down menu, i had to switch it to semi-transparent to see it.. Most of the other themes will work with the built in addons disabled.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I seem to have forgotten, what is the reason people will use this over Firefox?

D

Deleted member 178

Because they have the "rebel attitude" :p , Site Inspector integrated + Comodo DNS

on my system, it works well, i see no difference with Waterfox (even faster sometimes)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Question, does IceDragon have a separate updater service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.