Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
So many feature requests were collected on the old SMF forum over the past many years. I don't see them on that new link only new and mostly irrelevant ones, where have those old requests gone? In the bin?
Those ancient suggestions on the old SMF board are probably irrelevant for Windows 11 and beyond. They are using Canny: Customer Feedback Management Tool for feature requests, which looks like a better management service over a forum style format. Some use Trello for bug tracking and upcoming changes.

Pico

Level 4
Thread author
Feb 6, 2023
Those ancient suggestions on the old SMF board are probably irrelevant for Windows 11 and beyond. They are using Canny: Customer Feedback Management Tool for feature requests, which looks like a better management service over a forum style format. Some use Trello for bug tracking and upcoming changes.
Thanks.
A lot of feature requests on the old SMF forum (I would not call them ancient) were not related to the OS and most of them - when implemented - would improve CIS functionality and usability.
To me it seems that Comodo doesn't care about implementing feature requests in consumer CIS versions but rather likes to implement the collected ideas in the Enterprise version instead. I'm afraid the same thing happens again with the new feature request link. Loyal cis users submitting feature requests but none of it gets implemented in consumer versions.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Comodo doesn't care about implementing feature requests in consumer CIS versions but rather likes to implement the collected ideas in the Enterprise version instead
What I understood from the CTO’s scarce information (correct me if it was not him posting to their forum but somebody else) is that they will bring the home version closer to the enterprise one. Of course certain features may not be available but it will be the most logical thing to do. What’s the point of maintaining 2 different code bases?

As for the suggestions, I had a look at Xcitium after years of not using Comodo ever and everything was just very familiar. It doesn’t look like they’ve been sweating day and night to implement new features. I could do the whole configuration with my eyes closed.

I believe that with this release Comodo users will be satisfied. From now on the product will be better maintained.

Last edited:

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
For those who still believe that Comodo's Sandbox is foolproof... I just finished testing CIS.

While testing my package, Comodo did virtualize the threats.
One of them caused a BSOD of my VM in the middle of the test.
I restart and continue...
I start to launch 2 samples of Ransomware, the 2 are in Sandbox but managed to encrypt the files of my virtual machine....

(The video will arrive next week if everything goes well)

F

ForgottenSeer 98186

For those who still believe that Comodo's Sandbox is foolproof... I just finished testing CIS.

I start to launch 2 samples of Ransomware, the 2 are in Sandbox but managed to encrypt the files of my virtual machine....

Not that you will submit a report to COMODO... but COMODO will not accept a security incident report due to the BSOD. The objection will be that the BSOD borked your test environment and somehow caused COMODO to malfunction. Also, they would come back with "COMODO is not compatible with Windows 11 22H2" or something equivalent - even though the company has never stated this in an official statement and that is why so many devotees continue to use it on 11 22H2.

Reactions: Nevi and Trident

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Not that you will submit a report to COMODO... but COMODO will not accept a security incident report due to the BSOD. The objection will be that the BSOD borked your test environment and somehow caused COMODO to malfunction. Also, they would come back with "COMODO is not compatible with Windows 11 22H2" or something equivalent - even though the company has never stated this in an official statement and that is why so many devotees continue to use it on 11 22H2.
What they will come up with is not important to anyone. To me it has become evident that Comodo sandbox has some flaws and is just as incapable of handling corner cases as everybody else.

Pico

Level 4
Thread author
Feb 6, 2023
What they will come up with is not important to anyone. To me it has become evident that Comodo sandbox has some flaws and is just as incapable of handling corner cases as everybody else.
Though Sandboxie is better. :)

Reactions: Nevi
F

ForgottenSeer 98186

They'll probably say "Wait until the next release and test it. Submit any security exceptions."

Unfortunately people do expect COMODO to produce a nice, bug-free experience and that's just never going to happen.

Reactions: Nevi and Trident

Pico

Level 4
Thread author
Feb 6, 2023

If possible and if you have time for it, it would be nice to conduct the same test on real hardware to exclude VM odd behavior or something like that.

partha_roy

Level 3
Well-known
Oct 16, 2022

Any updates on when the video review can be uploaded?

Pico

Level 4
Thread author
Feb 6, 2023
A sign of upcoming CIS 2024 Beta...
Release date unknown... as usual...

CIS2024Beta.jpg

Last edited:

Xciting

Level 2
Jun 14, 2023
Comodo will release the new ui (2024) version and it is gonna deploy to systems (as per melih said) in a few days (i am not exactly sure when but most likely around june 21) since thats when summer starts in new jersey. SO ye i am waiting for it and i am hoping i dont need to reinstall if it ddoes and they cant do that too because fo their enterprise users and they got to deploy all agents again. Basically i am Xcited lol.....ik cringe joke any way post some info or your thoughts on this.

• Sad
Reactions: Nevi and kylprq

partha_roy

Level 3
Well-known
Oct 16, 2022
Comodo will release the new ui (2024) version and it is gonna deploy to systems (as per melih said) in a few days (i am not exactly sure when but most likely around june 21) since thats when summer starts in new jersey. SO ye i am waiting for it and i am hoping i dont need to reinstall if it ddoes and they cant do that too because fo their enterprise users and they got to deploy all agents again. Basically i am Xcited lol.....ik cringe joke any way post some info or your thoughts on this.
Nice to hear but hope that they would also make the auto-sandbox robust, as it fails to function at times

Pico

Level 4
Thread author
Feb 6, 2023
Comodo will release the new ui (2024) version and it is gonna deploy to systems (as per melih said) in a few days (i am not exactly sure when but most likely around june 21)

Where did you get this information from???
On the Comodo forum Melih said (on June 12, 2023) that a CIS 2024 Beta version would be available after 4 to 5 weeks or even later, he couldn't give an exact time frame.
So how can you be so sure that CIS 2024 will be released in a couple of days when we didn't get to see that Beta version yet?

Reactions: Trident
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.