COMODO Internet Security 8.2.0.4508 is released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Hi viktik,

File list is not just a file list anymore. It is a DB contains a lot information for a file including activities. So that it should be kept even file does not exists anymore.

We would appreciate receiving your recommendation for this case ?

Kind Regards
Buket

File details is showing zemana antilogger as trusted

COMODO_FIREWALL_8_2_FILE_RATING_07_04_2015_16_14.jpg

• While comodo lookup shows same file as rating "Unrecognized"
  • Why is that?

• Since there is two rating system, the Comodo file rating and user file rating
  • File List should show both Comodo file rating and User file rating in the list
  • This will help in managing the user rating faster and in much better way

COMODO_FIREWALL_8_2_FILE_RATING_07_04_2015_16_15.jpg

H

hjlbx

Thread author
File details is showing zemana antilogger as trusted

• While comodo lookup shows same file as rating "Unrecognized"
  • Why is that?

Viktik,

The Comodo Lookup will return "Unrecognized" for all files; Lookup is broken currently.

Plus, submitted files will not populate the Submitted Files list.

Two simple GUI quirks that need to be fixed.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
H

hjlbx

Thread author
I wonder if they've fixed the file submission bug, and finally a release which does not include/state 300 bugs fixed.

Yes. It's been fixed since the very first version 8 - months ago.

The number of bug fixes is because there are so many users actively testing Comodo for bugs - reports them - and Comodo fixes them.

No other AV that I know of is scrutinized to the extent Comodo is by a dedicated core of die-hard users... maybe Kaspersky.

If other AV were pen-tested to the same extent, then they would have many bug fixes too - but most AV do not divulge the extent of all the fixes... they keep those details internal so as to not generate a negative perception.

Comparing the current version to version 7 - I immediately see a lot of improvements within a year. That is some fast development.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
May be I should give Comodo a try, but should I swap Kaspersky for Comodo?

I just did a clean install of Windows and Comodo.

Just a suggestion...

Let me give it a thorough trial-run before you go through the trouble of uninstalling Kaspersky.

I know what the Kaspersky support tech told you regarding Kaspersky on 64-bit systems, but he did not know what he was talking about or he chose not to explain the correct details to you for the sake of appeasing your concerns. I think it was the later.

In any case, since Kaspersky is 32-bit, it cannot hook some 64-bit processes\services. Therefore, the HIPS will not alert on, for example, the installation of a 64-bit service - among other things.

If you question the veracity of my statements then you can readily confirm their correctness by referring to the Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 User's Manual - p. 65; "Kaspersky Internet Security on 64-bit systems."

I'll give you a heads up on Comodo if you so desire.

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
I just did a clean install of Windows and Comodo.
If you question the veracity of my statements then you can readily confirm their correctness by referring to the Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 User's Manual - p. 65; "Kaspersky Internet Security on 64-bit systems."
It's page 70 http://docs.kaspersky-labs.com/english/kis2015_userguide_en.pdf :p
Seems like COMODO is finally getting back to the performance and stability of v5, maybe I should give it a whirl again.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I'm shocked, considering that idiot told me he could charge for using their support and he told an out-right-lie! I do apologize and retrack my statement.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
I'm shocked, considering that idiot told me he could charge for using their support and he told an out-right-lie! I do apologize and retrack my statement.

Not your fault... that's why I didn't respond initially.

Kaspersky is still a good AV as it has some additional worthwhile features that others do not.

Yeah. My experience with Kaspersky support indicates it is as good as the tech and his\her motivation...

Then again, I was using the trial - which they do not support.

S

starchild76

Thread author
@BuketB what about the ADS bug in the previous version? has it been fixed in this release , or does Comodo still depend on these alternate data streams? thanks!

Reactions: Sr. Normal
S

starchild76

Thread author
can you please post a screenshot @yigido? cannot find the setting you where mentioning :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.