COMODO Internet Security 8.2.0.4508 is released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuketB

Level 1
Apr 6, 2015
Hi Guys & Gals,

Check out our improved Anti-Virus Engine!

Take advantage of the FREE update to Comodo Internet Security 8.2 when you are prompted. Or can do this yourself by checking the program updates !

Reminder: We SEARCH and DESTROY the malware your antivirus missed !

Comodo Internet Security – It's more than just Protection...It's total control ! ;);)

Please place here your comments and suggestions about AV Engine improvements !

Let s keep in touch,

Kind Regards
Buket

T

TheSuperGeek

Thread author
Oh, it's a good idea !!;)
Your av wasn't the best but the protection provided is great !:):D:D

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Please place here your comments and suggestions about AV Engine improvements !
  • Comodo file verdicts take too long compared to other vendors; transition to a VT-based, user-polled file rating system.
  • There are instances where files are detected by signature as "Malicious" but they are still rated as "Unrecognized" or "Trusted" in the cloud.
Perhaps the signature updates are a bit faster, but I am not seeing any significant change in scan speed and cleanup on my system. Unfortunately, even at maximum heuristics settings, Comodo's AV engine lags behind Kaspersky, BitDefender, etc.

In other words, during malware testing I have to use Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Malwarebytes to clean up the items missed by Comodo's AV engine...that includes both remnants and fully undetected (false negatives).

vivid

Level 5
Verified
Dec 8, 2014
The scanning speed has improved with approximately 30% if you simulate a decompression bomb and analyze the difference in elapsed time.

Reactions: Circe

Circe

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jul 3, 2013
I'll give it a spin round the block, cheers Buddy for the heads up.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
I do like the fact that I can now rate files locally on my system - immediately. This is a real improvement.

It does provide the user a means to immediately solve file-rating related problems - and I would think the typical Comodo user does know if a file comes from a reputable vendor, source, is bundle-free, etc.

Although, it would be a nice feature to right-click and be able to lookup a file's reputation.

It's getting better, but there's room for improvement.

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Has anyone had issues with CCE crashing? I was able to run a complete scan when I first installed comodo v8.1 on a new windows 8.1 system. Now, CCE crashes (either the complete or quick scan). I honestly am not sure if this started later with v8.1, or with 8.2 beta, but it is still happening with current 8.2 release. I e-mailed support with logs, they passed it on to developers, but I haven't heard anything. I was searching a bit and don't see any other complaints with this...maybe no one has tried to scan with CCE?

I am slightly concerned b/c I had this exact same problem on a different, infected PC using the standalone CCE, about 4 months ago. Totally different windows 7 PC with different security set-up, so I can't think of any obvious common conflicts. I have been fairly careful and am pretty sure this PC is clean...but for some reason I am having this issue again :( Anyone else?

Yes CCE unable start happens.

I am not so sure about the reason for it.

take a look at Control panel-> Languages. Add English (United states) language. See if this helps

This new Windows 8.1 update 3 by microsoft can be the problem.

Last edited:

Nirv5668

Level 2
Verified
Mar 21, 2015
Yes CCE unable start happens.

I am not so sure about the reason for it.

take a look at Control panel-> Languages. Add English (United states) language. See if this helps

This new 8.1 update by microsoft can be the problem.
I checked the language in windows. I just have one language, English, installed. CCE starts and scans for a while, it just crashes before finishing. I was able to run a complete scan with an older version and just installed OS. Thanks for the suggestion though!

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
I checked the language in windows. I just have one language, English, installed. CCE starts and scans for a while, it just crashes before finishing. I was able to run a complete scan with an older version and just installed OS. Thanks for the suggestion though!

See it may creating dump files in subfolder folder "Data\CCE\Dumps"

Reactions: Nirv5668

Nirv5668

Level 2
Verified
Mar 21, 2015
I just think CCE is getting old and decrepit... :D
I wondered if that may be it! I noticed the standalone one didn't mention windows 8 support. It seems like a pretty good tool, includes information from start-up (or at least I feel like its thorough when it asks to re-start as part of detection process:D).

H

hjlbx

Thread author
I wondered if that may be it! I noticed the standalone one didn't mention windows 8 support. It seems like a pretty good tool, includes information from start-up (or at least I feel like its thorough when it asks to re-start as part of detection process:D).

The CCE version integrated into the CIS and the standalone should be identical.

CCE is OK... it does search for hidden services and rootkits, but all of the standalone scanners I have tried are nothing spectacular. I think MBAM does a better job of cleaning up remnants.

CCE is just another utility added to the CIS package. I haven't noticed any difference between CCE and the built-in CIS scan engine.

Did you notice the issue start after Microsoft Tuesday updates?

Reactions: Jack

Nirv5668

Level 2
Verified
Mar 21, 2015
See it may creating dump files in subfolder folder "Data\CCE\Dumps"
I don't see a dump for CCE. Program Data\Comodo\CCE doesn't have a dump directory, there is Comodo\CisDumps directory with 2 files, but they are not CCE. I just tried again, it crashed, and nothing was created there. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. I do have it as part of the CIS installation, not the standalone version, if that clarifies the directory structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.