Advice Request Comodo Internet Security Setup/configuration thread

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Does this thread helped/informed you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
What do you mean with you have disabled auto-sandbox for the trusted vendor list? I thought trusted vendors wouldn't be autosandboxed?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
What do you mean with you have disabled auto-sandbox for the trusted vendor list? I thought trusted vendors wouldn't be autosandboxed?
if you delete all in the TVL , system files (windows and drivers) becomes unrecognized so some files may be autosandboxed resulting in potential crashes.

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
I mean I don't understand what you wrote. So you have removed the trusted vendors and have disabled the auto-sandbox?

H

hjlbx

Thread author

He meant he disabled auto-sandbox while deleting vendors from the Trusted Vendor List.
  1. He disabled auto-sandbox (otherwise, once entire TVL is deleted, files will be Unrecognized and auto-sandboxed = if this happens to critical system file it could cause BSOD, system lock-up, app breakage; he disabled the auto-sandbox to avoid serious problem(s) upon deletion of vendors in 3 below).
  2. He executed wanted softs\apps.
  3. He deleted unwanted\unneeded vendors from TVL.
  4. He finally added vendors for running processes\wanted apps (from 2 above) to his local Trusted Vendor List (useful functionality in CIS).
He just used this technique to add only vendors needed\wanted to TVL - and also to save a lot of time over that required for manual TVL edit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FleischmannTV

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,Greetings!

I am shock Umbra! I most certainly didn't know that you were using Comodo!
I thought that you where using Sandboxie and NoThanks ect...? Also, if you are
using Sandboxie with Comodo, how are getting Sandboxie to work?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Thank you.

One more thing. When the auto-sandbox is set to restriction level untrusted, most stuff won't run at all. Wouldn't it be more convenient to set it to block?

Untrusted is an almost comical setting since it does essentially prevent vast majority of apps from running = Block.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Salutations,Greetings!

I am shock Umbra! I most certainly didn't know that you were using Comodo!
I thought that you where using Sandboxie and NoThanks ect...? Also, if you are
using Sandboxie with Comodo, how are getting Sandboxie to work?

He's using CIS + AppGuard + Sandboxie + HitmanPro.Alert + Adguard + Shadow Defender

Reactions: XhenEd and CMLew
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
He's using CIS + AppGuard + Sandboxie + HitmanPro.Alert + Adguard + Shadow Defender

:D:rolleyes::p

yes and all works like a charm, and tomorrow i have to reinstall everything because of this freaking Windows10 new build update :mad:

H

hjlbx

Thread author
:D:rolleyes::p

yes and all works like a charm, and tomorrow i have to reinstall everything because of this freaking Windows10 new build update :mad:

515 MB not including Malicious Removal Tool and IE 11\Flash Security updates. Good grief... that's a whole lotta patchin'.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Untrusted is an almost comical setting since it does essentially prevent vast majority of apps from running = Block.

So Block = Untrusted?
Pardon me cuz I couldn't find "Untrusted" inside the CIS.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
So Block = Untrusted?
Pardon me cuz I couldn't find "Untrusted" inside the CIS.

Untrusted and Block are not the same.
  • Open Auto-Sandbox
  • Select Unrecognized sandbox rule (You will see Run Virtually in upper left corner)
  • Select Options
You will see "Set Restriction Level"

You can set system access restriction policy (to even further contain virtualized application) to:
  • Partially Limited
  • Limited
  • Restricted
  • Untrusted
NOTE: There is some details about above in User's Manual. See help.comodo.com .

If you want sandbox to Block Unrecognized files - instead of Running Virtually by default, then change sandbox rule from Run Virtually to Block on

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Moose

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Ummm Okay!

> Start up from a cold boot is ?
> On Demand Software is toggle by right clicking and existing?
> Why not Webroot? Or VoodooShield?
> Malwarebtyes Anti Malware/Conflicts?
> CIS? Any problems? Have you tested CCAV with Comdo Firewall?
For example empty the sandbox in Comodo?
> Hitman Pro Alert? Problems still with HitmanPro and Rollback RX Incompatibility
> Appguard any slow down? Conflict's with sandboxie on demand ?

Last edited:

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Untrusted and Block are not the same.
  • Open Auto-Sandbox
  • Select Unrecognized sandbox rule (You will see Run Virtually in upper left corner)
  • Select Options
You will see "Set Restriction Level"

You can set system access restriction policy (to even further contain virtualized application) to:
  • Partially Limited
  • Limited
  • Restricted
  • Untrusted
NOTE: There is some details about above in User's Manual. See help.comodo.com .

If you want sandbox to Block Unrecognized files - instead of Running Virtually by default, then change sandbox rule from Run Virtually to Block on

Thanks again @hjlbx
Managed to get it setup.

By the way, I keep getting notification for Updatechecker.exe. It says like unrecognised application. This is unlike those notification I got where most of them are trusted by Microsoft.
Is that something that I should be aware of? or I should remove it?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Thanks again @hjlbx
Managed to get it setup.

By the way, I keep getting notification for Updatechecker.exe. It says like unrecognised application. This is unlike those notification I got where most of them are trusted by Microsoft.
Is that something that I should be aware of? or I should remove it?

What is Updatechecker.exe ?

Which version of Windows you using ?

What is directory (file-path) of Updatechecker.exe ?

Is it digitally signed - author and signing authority ?

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
No Idea. Googled it. Some say its from Filehippo; Some says it's a malware; some says it's frm ASUS and Window Defender.

Window 10 (x64)

I did not take note of it. Rather I remember the notification did not shown the directory. Will need to check again.

It just says unknown application. Unlike some application which mentioned Microsoft trusted

H

hjlbx

Thread author
No Idea. Googled it. Some say its from Filehippo; Some says it's a malware; some says it's frm ASUS and Window Defender.

Window 10 (x64)

I did not take note of it. Rather I remember the notification did not shown the directory. Will need to check again.

It just says unknown application. Unlike some application which mentioned Microsoft trusted

• Open Windows Explorer
  • Select This PC
  • In search bar in upper right corner type "Updatechecker.exe" - without quotes
  • Enter

Windows will now search for Updatechecker.exe; if found will list the locations on system.

Navigate there. Find the exe, right-click and select Properties. Will provide infos.

Note: If you run apps from USB or external drive, then might not be on your system; will likely be found on USB or external drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.