Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
i cant use crystal security,,and i dont know why.....i install it and dont work at all ..i cant even open it...i have this problem since version 3.5.0.184....maybe is something wrong with my pc....dont know :(

Hi @nikos200,

1. What is the Operating System?
2. Any other Security software installed?

Delete the following directory: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Crystal Security

After that try to launch Crystal Security.

Regards,
Kardo

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Hi @Av Gurus,

It depends on your Settings. :)

There are 2 types of notifications: based on user decision and based on auto decision.

Your notification is based on auto-decision.

Regards,
Kardo

So i should change this settings "Auto decision"?

21.png

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
So i should change this settings "Auto decision"?

@Av Gurus,

If you want to see user decision notification then please apply the following settings:
  • Action for safe files: "User intervention"
  • Show notifications for "Safe files" (tick check box)
Following settings for auto decision notification:
  • Action for safe files: "Always allow"
  • Show notifications for "Safe files" (tick check box)
After changes do not forget to click on "Apply" too. :)
Hi Kardo!!!!!!!!thank you very much for your answer now its working!!!!!!!!!!

@nikos200,

Great to hear that. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
It seems Kaspersky already fixed the issue/false positive in KSN for the new build of CS:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Hi @harlan4096,

Thank you for the information. Great to hear that it is trusted by Kaspersky. :)
Kardo,

Whats is VT policy in using it?

Can you use select AVs only for protection & list those select AVs in the GUI for the users to select/unselect for protection Or VT policy doesn't allow this?

Hi @yesnoo,

Thanks for the interest. :)

Can't find specific information how results should be displayed in applications.

I guess that selective vendors feature can be added but I will ask about it to be sure that it is allowed by VirusTotal.

Regards,
Kardo

Last edited:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
@Kardo Kristal Hi again. So as you noticed i use CS daily now and got me wondering on something. Would be glad if you have a minute to help me.
  1. So i am on a shared ip(vpn company with many clients) and i assume i often pass the 10/min/ip. What happens then. It allows/blocks the file with the other engines you use? Does it later try to check the file again with VT and tells me if decision changed? Can whitelist logs show what whitelisted an application?
  2. Can you make it so i can resize CS window?
  3. Can false positive/allow file have some kind of button. I honestly had to look hard to find it so i could allow a file. Even after a found it i didn't know where to click.
Also i send you some log files or some sort of error i got. Application told me it created logs. I send them over from support page.

Last edited:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@Kardo Kristal Hi again. So as you noticed i use CS daily now and got me wondering on something. Would be glad if you have a minute to help me.

Hi @SHvFl,

It is great to hear that you are active user of Crystal Security. :)

Your feedback is valuable and helpful to improve Crystal Security with newer versions.
So i am on a shared ip(vpn company with many clients) and i assume i often pass the 10/min/ip. What happens then. It allows/blocks the file with the other engines you use? Does it later try to check the file again with VT and tells me if decision changed? Can whitelist logs show what whitelisted an application?

Crystal Security calculates how many files it can analyze within current minute. If it exceeds it then queued files will be analyzed as soon as possible. All active (launched processes etc..) will be analyzed with all engines (if possible). If there is any issue with engine then file will be analyzed with available engines.

If file is detected as "Unknown" by "Collective cloud" engine then it will be uploaded to cloud and re-analyzed automatically after some interval.

Under "Whitelist" section you can see all the files which are analyzed and allowed by the user (manually) or by auto decision (automatically) based on the "Behavior" settings.
Can you make it so i can resize CS window?

Currently no. Sorry. Re-size feature requires a lot of UI changes.
Can false positive/allow file have some kind of button. I honestly had to look hard to find it so i could allow a file. Even after a found it i didn't know where to click.

Yes. There is a button (text) on notification. Click on the following text which is next to Block button when Unknown file is detected:

"False Detection? Click here to allow."

unknown_file.png

Also i send you some log files or some sort of error i got. Application told me it created logs. I send them over from support page.

Thanks! I replied to your message. :)

If you have other questions or feedback then please let me know.

Regards,
Kardo

Last edited:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Last edited:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi @Petrovic,
not signed

Correct. Program is not digitally signed.
russian language removed and not supported?

Multilingual is not yet available in 3.5 version.

Russian translation will be definitely added when multilingual support is implemented. :)
window in the foreground - always (portable)

You can change it under Settings => General => Other => Stay on top

After changes do not forget to click on Apply.
checkup?Why is there no connections?

All the files are not analyzed with "Collective cloud" in Checkup mode (to avoid overload).

In Checkup mode all files are analyzed with "Heuristic" and "Internal" engines. When suspicious file is detected then it will be analyzed with "Collective cloud" to get final verdict. "Crystal cloud" also keep some data on computer for offline usage. Collective cloud is mostly used in Active protection to detect and analyze active files. :)

Seems like a bug. Fortunately it does not affect file verdict. Will be fixed in the next version. ;)

Regards,
Kardo

Last edited:

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.