Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
You will have then the worst AV for a lifetime.Worst antivirus ever seen
you can pay for a 1 month license and its not that expensive.I am very curious to take it for a spin with my usual malware hunting habits and then write a quick review.
Update: It looks like they don't do trials.
I’ll have a look at it tomorrow. Thanks.you can pay for a 1 month license and its not that expensive.
This should be interesting, maybe good for a laugh!I am very curious to take it for a spin with my usual malware hunting habits and then write a quick review.
I tried Cylance, but the first 3 samples I downloaded (weren't even handpicked to be evasive) were missed. I didn't even continue the test. Also, it's light, but the difference from traditional AVs is not marginal. I can't recommend it.Any updates?
I have a 1 year lic and I haven't installed it yet.
May I ask what kind of samples you have used? Binaries or scripts (PS, VBS, JS etc.)? I am familiar with CylancePROTECT for Enterprises and although it has its weak points is still very good when it comes to detection of malicious binaries. Honestly, I can´t imagine that Cylance Smart AV is using a different ML engine or other datasets than CP. Maybe Cylance Smart AV is only utilizing the local ML engine while CP has access to a more powerful cloud based ML engine when the local score isn´t sufficient enough to come to a clear verdict.I tried Cylance, but the first 3 samples I downloaded (weren't even handpicked to be evasive) were missed. I didn't even continue the test. Also, it's light, but the difference from traditional AVs is not marginal. I can't recommend it.
I used maldocs with loader, dropper and injector. It didn’t block neither the primary, nor the secondary payload. I tested this vector as it’s most commonly transmitted and has the most effective social engineering. Users are more likely to open a Covid document, than a “Bitcoin Hack: 1 free Bitcoin Daily”.May I ask what kind of samples you have used? Binaries or scripts (PS, VBS, JS etc.)? I am familiar with CylancePROTECT for Enterprises and although it has its weak points is still very good when it comes to detection of malicious binaries. Honestly, I can´t imagine that Cylance Smart AV is using a different ML engine or other datasets than CP. Maybe Cylance Smart AV is only utilizing the local ML engine while CP has access to a more powerful cloud based ML engine when the local score isn´t sufficient enough to come to a clear verdict.
www.techcentral.ie
If you are comfortable with it, then it’s fine.Would you recommend this over PandaExpressDome Security? I have a 5 year license of Panda on my Windows laptop I use maybe once a month to update Windows and do things I absolutely cannot do on my Chromebook. Worth it or nah?
For the record, I had noticed how badly Cylance had tanked when that test was published. Disappointing. I'm a Cylance fangirl and I almost rejected the data as too gross to be correct.@Arias
Detection for fresh malware is not good Test Cylance Protect 2.1 for Windows 10 (204108)
That is strange, because that is supposed to be Machine Learning's stronghold
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes