On Sale! Cylance Smart Antivirus for Mac & Windows: Lifetime Subscription

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://stacksocial.com/sales/cylance-smart-antivirus-lifetime-subscription
How to get a license
Pay and Play...

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
BlackBerry selling lifetime subscriptions of Cylance Smart Antivirus says much about how the market is caring about this product nowadays, hint: nobody cares.

It is one of the worst security products that I have ever used, it is almost funny that BlackBerry spent $1.4 Billion with Cylance acquisition while Avira was sold for less than $ 200 Millions.

Mikesierra

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2018
I tried Cylance, but the first 3 samples I downloaded (weren't even handpicked to be evasive) were missed. I didn't even continue the test. Also, it's light, but the difference from traditional AVs is not marginal. I can't recommend it.
May I ask what kind of samples you have used? Binaries or scripts (PS, VBS, JS etc.)? I am familiar with CylancePROTECT for Enterprises and although it has its weak points is still very good when it comes to detection of malicious binaries. Honestly, I can´t imagine that Cylance Smart AV is using a different ML engine or other datasets than CP. Maybe Cylance Smart AV is only utilizing the local ML engine while CP has access to a more powerful cloud based ML engine when the local score isn´t sufficient enough to come to a clear verdict.

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

May I ask what kind of samples you have used? Binaries or scripts (PS, VBS, JS etc.)? I am familiar with CylancePROTECT for Enterprises and although it has its weak points is still very good when it comes to detection of malicious binaries. Honestly, I can´t imagine that Cylance Smart AV is using a different ML engine or other datasets than CP. Maybe Cylance Smart AV is only utilizing the local ML engine while CP has access to a more powerful cloud based ML engine when the local score isn´t sufficient enough to come to a clear verdict.
I used maldocs with loader, dropper and injector. It didn’t block neither the primary, nor the secondary payload. I tested this vector as it’s most commonly transmitted and has the most effective social engineering. Users are more likely to open a Covid document, than a “Bitcoin Hack: 1 free Bitcoin Daily”.

dabluez98

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 2, 2018
Also their privacy laws seem to be bad..
Both cylance and their lover blackberry have a tendency to want to share data if it is To ctach bad people

Cleo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
Use promo code: HOLIDAY40
and you can get it for $48.
As a cloud engine there aren't going to be many updates for the endpoints so not seeing them isn't much sign of anything.
I tried it out. It wasn't that bad. They test it running in tandem with McAfee, Norton and Kaspersky. I ran it alongside the latter and
never saw a conflict in 6 months. I found their iOS app much more useful as it detected a MITM attack when I was on a public wifi
at my local supermarket. As is the case for many tech companies there was always going to be a chance those young hungry coders
they had chained to their keyboards would take their stock options, retire, and go rock climbing after BB dropped that cash bomb. Maybe a few did.

Cleo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.