New Update DefenderUI by VoodooShield - Turn on Hidden Security Features of Microsoft Defender

sypqys

Level 3
Apr 18, 2022

Mr.X

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
When I disable both real-time and cloud-delivered protections, they are re-enabled automatically again after some minutes on Windows 11. Is there a way to have them disabled while in session until I restart the computer?

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
When I disable both real-time and cloud-delivered protections, they are re-enabled automatically again after some minutes on Windows 11. Is there a way to have them disabled while in session until I restart the computer?
On the DefenderGuard tab, there is an Auto Reactivation option. This might actually be what is reactivating MD on your system. The Auto Reactivation feature does not currently adjust MD's native reactivation settings, but if it is possible to adjust these, we should probably do this as well. Thank you!

Mr.X

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
On the DefenderGuard tab, there is an Auto Reactivation option. This might actually be what is reactivating MD on your system. The Auto Reactivation feature does not currently adjust MD's native reactivation settings, but if it is possible to adjust these, we should probably do this as well. Thank you!
Thanks for considering adding this feature. Would that happen in the next release?

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Yes, we will be adding DefenderUI and DefenderUI Pro to the app store, assuming that they are approved by Microsoft.

It's funny, one of the components we are adding to DefernderUI Pro is the WDAC Wizard, which is written by Microsoft in C# (our language), is open source, and includes a perfect example of what needs to be done to submit the app to the app store.

Having said that, DefenderUI and DefenderUI Pro both auto update themselves when they are launched, but I think it will be cool to have them in the app store anyway. Thank you!

Gangelo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
Yes, we will be adding DefenderUI and DefenderUI Pro to the app store, assuming that they are approved by Microsoft.

It's funny, one of the components we are adding to DefernderUI Pro is the WDAC Wizard, which is written by Microsoft in C# (our language), is open source, and includes a perfect example of what needs to be done to submit the app to the app store.

Having said that, DefenderUI and DefenderUI Pro both auto update themselves when they are launched, but I think it will be cool to have them in the app store anyway. Thank you!
Dan, when can we expect a DefenderUI Pro official release?

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Dan, when can we expect a DefenderUI Pro official release?
I am guessing a week or two, possible sooner, possibly later. Right now I am working on modifying the Microsoft WDAC Wizard so it works really well with WDAC Lockdown, and the user only has to perform a couple of clicks to modify the policies. After that, I need to finish up the Training mode and a new feature known as "Whitelist all events from the last X (1-30) days". After that, there are just a few small things to finish up and we will be good to go, thank you!

Gangelo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
I am guessing a week or two, possible sooner, possibly later. Right now I am working on modifying the Microsoft WDAC Wizard so it works really well with WDAC Lockdown, and the user only has to perform a couple of clicks to modify the policies. After that, I need to finish up the Training mode and a new feature known as "Whitelist all events from the last X (1-30) days". After that, there are just a few small things to finish up and we will be good to go, thank you!
Many thanks for the swift reply Dan. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.