Advanced Plus Security Divine_Barakah's Second Laptop Security Config

Thread details
Last updated
Jul 10, 2026
Main use of this computer
For work or educational use
Operating system
Windows 11
On-device encryption
Windows BitLocker / Device Encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
On
Network firewall
Enabled
Router and network details
ISP-provided router.
Real-time protection
Panda Dome Essential
Device firewall
Other - Internet Security (3rd-party)
Custom security settings
- Enabled Application Control
- Enhanced Panda Firewall settings.
- Protected Panda settings with a password
Periodic malware scanners
EEK
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
None
Browsers and extensions
Vivaldi (no extensions)
Waterfox (no extensions)
Helium (only the pre-installed unlock)
Secure DNS
Adguard Private DNS systemwide (Win 11 DNS over Https)
Desktop VPN
Adguard VPN
Password and passkey manager
Enpass Desktop synced to my cloud using WebDav.
Maintenance tools
Smarty Uninstaller
Hard Disk Sentinel Pro Portable
Lenovo Vantage (Commercial) deployed not the store version
File and photo backups
Koofr
Filejump
Google Photos
Subscriptions
    • Google AI Pro (formerly Google One AI Premium)
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper Pro
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Working from home
    • Making audio/video calls
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
Lenovo Thinkpad X13 Gen 3
Notable changes
Reverted to Windows 11 Pro 25H2
- blocked driver updates from Windows Update
- Deferred updates for 14 days.
Feedback preference

Detailed suggestions and alternatives welcome

I still have not received the Jan 24 hotfixes. I am still experiencing the hibernation issue.

Another problem I faced is a FP caused by TM. TM detected the inf file in my Windows USB and then blocked creating a bootable USB using Media Creation Tool. The only way to make it work is to disable TM temporarily.
 
I still have not received the Jan 24 hotfixes. I am still experiencing the hibernation issue.

Another problem I faced is a FP caused by TM. TM detected the inf file in my Windows USB and then blocked creating a bootable USB using Media Creation Tool. The only way to make it work is to disable TM temporarily.
 
You were right. I wasted 5GBs of my quota to download Windows iso hahahahhaha. You won my friend hahahahha
 
I reinstall Windows more frequent than blowing dust out; I wish this last install to last long enough.
System images are the way to go.

It was a bad of luck in my case. When I first got the laptop and did a clean install, the faulty update got installed and the system image I created has this update installed. Too bad.
 
Yes, it is the proper choice in case of installing a large number of apps.

For me, I use very few apps; the time consumed by imaging and restoration is at least triple that of re-install, including the apps.

I used to image with Paragon long time ago.
Creating a system image using AOMEI takes 15 mins (about 90 GBs) with backup verification enabled. Restoring the backup takes much less than that.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top