Question Do you enable Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) on your Kaspersky security product?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

Yes and no.

Yes, because it could detect forms of attack (especially via the Cloud) and no, because Kaspersky already has very good Web protection on its antivirus.

Personally, I don't use the extension.
Does the extension encrypt data entered on websites? I have it enabled on my family's systems solely for this reason. Other features in Kaspersky, which the extension supports, I don't use and have disabled. I asked @harlan4096 if the extension encrypts data input on websites (without using the on-screen keyboard) in a thread. He was unsure, but I kept the extension enabled because of the protection details mentioned in the help files.
"Secure data input on websites. The extension connects the app and the browser for transferring data entered from the on-screen and regular keyboards. The Secure Data Input feature only works if the Kaspersky Protection extension is enabled."

I talked with @harlan4096 about the extension's topic.
Need Advice - Kaspersky Standard and Device Security in Win 11

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.