Question Do you enable Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) on your Kaspersky security product?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
No not realy, K also protect from phishing/malware site's without the extension.
Yes it does. However, with the extension, you can see the page's rating in the search results.
And yes, KSN is a must-have. Much better than Comodo Cloud, or at least I prefer it over it (for the 8012 version). Things may change when the 2024 is officially released, tho.

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
For me personal the extension is not needed, only if you use banking, ratings (url advisor) i don't care about that.... but it blocks the same things as with or without the extension.

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
For me personal the extension is not needed, only if you use banking, ratings i don't care about that.... but it blocks the same things as with or without the extension.
I didn't say it is not providing protection without it. What I said is that with the extension, you see the page's rating. :)

Image-529.png

F

ForgottenSeer 93475

I didn't say it is not providing protection without it. What I said is that with the extension, you see the page's rating. :)

Image-529.png
I installed it to see the page's rating, but when I disabled it in the latest version 21.14.5, this window appears about encrypted scanning errors in the Firefox browser

The problem did not disappear until I reactivated the extension. Does this problem occur to you?
Screenshot_185.png

Mar 7, 2020
I installed it to see the page's rating, but when I disabled it in the latest version 21.14.5, this window appears about encrypted scanning errors in the Firefox browser

The problem did not disappear until I reactivated the extension. Does this problem occur to you?
View attachment 278770
I got that error two or three times when I closed Firefox, but not whilst using it. I didn't have the extension installed in Firefox, but I did have Anti-Banner turned on.
Regarding KSN, yes, since it provides something additional to the protection.

Last edited:

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023

View attachment 278770
No because I unchecked this here:

Image-530.png

It gave way too many problems over the years with many sites, so I decided to uncheck this option and never looked back.

F

ForgottenSeer 93475

I got that error two or three times when I closed Firefox, but not whilst using it. I didn't have the extension installed in Firefox, but I did have Anti-Banner turned on.
Regarding KSN, yes, since it provides something additional to the protection.
get it only when the browser is closed, not during use, and it continued to appear until I reactivated the Extension
No because I unchecked this here:

It gave way too many problems over the years with many sites, so I decided to uncheck this option and never looked back.
Interesting but there have been long discussions and Controversy about this topic, and the importance enabled of scanning encrypted connections for web unity and malware detection

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
Yes and no.

Yes, because it could detect forms of attack (especially via the Cloud) and no, because Kaspersky already has very good Web protection on its antivirus.

Personally, I don't use the extension.
Extension does absolutely nothing if you have a paid version of K

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
Interesting but there have been long discussions and Controversy about this topic, and the importance enabled of scanning encrypted connections for web unity and malware detection
It could be true, but I don't feel like I need it anyway. Comodo is covering my back. Also, I have other extensions/tools nearby and good browsing habits and knowledge and would notice if something is not right. Or, at least, I hope so. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.