Advice Request Does AdGuard slow down anyone elses upload speed a lot?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
I have Fiber 1 Gbps download and upload and it slows my 1 Gbps upload to about 80 to 120 Mbps instead of the normal 400 to 800 Mbps I normally get. I tried several methods and it is always AdGuard causing it when on.

Just curious if it is just me or what ?

It is not that big of deal sense I rarely upload but if I did I would care more.

This is all tested on google drive.

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Hi!

What antivirus solution do you use?

Anyway

Do not use two security products that are perform browser scanning activities at the same time:

- slow browser HTTPS web page rendering

- conflicts between both products SSL/TLS security scanning activities resulting in possible loss in either or both products ability to scan for malware activities

As far as Adguards HTTPS issues, refer to this: HTTPS filtering: known issues | AdGuard Knowledgebase

Also make sure you disable Adguard's use of Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) as shown here: WFP driver | AdGuard Knowledgebase .

Anyway you need to trust AdGuard certificate :)

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Hi!

What antivirus solution do you use?

Anyway

Do not use two security products that are perform browser scanning activities at the same time:

- slow browser HTTPS web page rendering

- conflicts between both products SSL/TLS security scanning activities resulting in possible loss in either or both products ability to scan for malware activities

As far as Adguards HTTPS issues, refer to this: HTTPS filtering: known issues | AdGuard Knowledgebase

Also make sure you disable Adguard's use of Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) as shown here: WFP driver | AdGuard Knowledgebase .

Anyway you need to trust AdGuard certificate :)

I only use a malware scanner malwarebytes right now.

I did all of that. Still no fix.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I had a similar issue up & down & I wasn't able to solve including input from support - The problem seem to get worse the faster your internet connection - Eventually sorted the problem by removing Adguard, which was a shame though - The Adguard browser extension had no problems.

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Contact their support team then :) When I discover NEXTDNS I uninstall Adguard Pro and made this combo:
NextDNS+YogaDNS :) also you can try DNSForge - it block ads, trackers and malware at DNS level, they use pi-hole with several blocklists, they don't log DNS request, it supports DNSSEC, DNS over TLS and DNS over HTTPS.

Last edited:

Jan Willy

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
I have no speedproblems when using NextDNS together with Adguard Desktop. But it could be overkill. Therefore I mainly use Adguard for cosmetic ad-filtering (which NextDNS can't) and incognito-mode. Ublock Origin etc. can be an alternative for Adguard, but only works on browser level.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.