Advice Request Does ESET offer extended license keys (+5 years)?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016

Pearl96

Level 5
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Hi! For me it is not a good idea to buy long-term license simply for 1 reason! Now eset is V. 10 few months later it will be V.11 right?
V.11's performance might not be as expected or they have implemented stupid stuff right? If so, you'll license will be wasted because you might not use the software if you encounter any issues in the next releases. Have a nice day

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
The questions is: On the ESET.com website the longest period for which you can buy this antivirus is 2 years. So is it ok to buy ESET from eBay with this 5 year license? Is it legit?
I suggest you to contact Eset support before purchase that license on eBay to verify the legitimacy of the offer.

Contact Customer Care

ant_gamal

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
I choose long live if it is offering with very very low price
It must be lower than if I buy new different product or the same product

If offer the same or more expensive I neglect it

Thanks for help

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
If it's too good to be true - it probably is. Contact ESET to verify the legitimacy of the license. I have never seen any consumer version with a subscription exceeding 2 or 3 years.

The cost would not be worth it because if it is not an authentic version, it would not function.

Reactions: Winter Soldier

drakester

Level 1
May 14, 2017
I use Eset on my main PC, and I've searched on eBay for a extended license. I found a 5 years license like this for this antivirus.

ESET Nod32 Antivirus 2017 / 10.0 / 5 Years License 1 PC Download English Version | eBay

The questions is: On the ESET.com website the longest period for which you can buy this antivirus is 2 years. So is it ok to buy ESET from eBay with this 5 year license? Is it legit?
I've seen some long duration licenses, I have a 3-year one right now that I bought from an eBay seller and it was legitimate. That would be the safe threshold for me I think.

Hi! For me it is not a good idea to buy long-term license simply for 1 reason! Now eset is V. 10 few months later it will be V.11 right?
V.11's performance might not be as expected or they have implemented stupid stuff right? If so, you'll license will be wasted because you might not use the software if you encounter any issues in the next releases. Have a nice day
This is good advice, ESET had their own ups and downs, I used them for a long while back in the day but they seem to be a bit behind the competition in terms of technology now.
Plus it might not be the lightest solution as it once was, I think Emsisoft for example might be lighter overall. ESET IS always seems to slow my internet a little bit but enough for me to notice.

Reactions: Pearl96
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.