Download Ninja (Official Updates Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Morning all, just a bit of an update as I didn't post much last week.

I have a new beta version in the works that addresses some usability issues and adds a new media download window that is a lot more user friendly I think. I should be releasing it later today.

In the mean time the good folks over at Gizmo's Freeware have released their review of Download Ninja!

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-download-manager.htm

A very big thank you to @yesnoo for requesting the review

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
@MikeD, I'll send you a PM right here, so don't leave too soon please ^^

Anyway, it's good for DN to have these good marks from techsupportalert, let's hope that more people will use DN :D

Reactions: MikeD

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
btw, there is an "export/import settings" ?

Not at the moment but I'll add it to the list. In the mean time you can do it manually by browsing to

%appdata%\DownloadNinja

In there you'll see several files that you can copy/send to another computer:

app-config
General config, most settings are in here

login-store
Encrypted login information, this cannot be sent elsewhere as it is encrypted using the current user's keys.

queues
Defined queue information

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 178

EmiLLiaN

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
Let's give this a try :)

P.S: If you need to translate it to Spanish, don't hesitate to send me a PM. :D

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
P.S: If you need to translate it to Spanish, don't hesitate to send me a PM. :D

That would be fantastic and very much appreciated.. I was going to do the Spanish translation myself but I have just not had the time with doing my full time job and DN improvements.. also Spanish is not my first language so I wasn't sure of the best way of putting some of the phrases!

Reactions: EmiLLiaN

EmiLLiaN

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
I think i find something to improve on the plugin for chrome.

Actually, i don't use firefox anymore, but in chrome, when you go to 1001tracklists.com on one track and listen the song, the plugin doesn't capture the download. Instead of this, you have to go to the source to make the plugin detect the download. I think it would be usefull to make the plugin get the download from these type of websites too. :rolleyes:

Another one: The icon of the software that stays on the screen when you minimize to tray it's pretty unwelcome, because you already have the software minimized to the tray. :D

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Ill take a look at 1001tracklists and see what can be done.

Do you mean the floating box that you can drag around the screen with the icon on it? If so, that is the drop box that can be turned off in the settings page.

Reactions: EmiLLiaN

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
I'll give this a try so I'm going to replace this with IDM. If you need Arabic translation I can help :)

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
When will you include the translations in the stable version ?

I'm going to leave the current beta alone for a while now and as long as there are no major concerns in a few days I'll release it as the new stable. I've been holding off for a while because the latest beta (just released was a fairly large change).

@DaZa9

I would be VERY interested in an Arabic translation.. somebody posted a review on a popular Iranian blog the other day and so the site has had over 3000 visits from there in the last 36 hours! I'm sure they would love an Arabic version of the app.

The translation is done in-app and you can find the details here:

http://downloadninja.com/translate/

NEW BETA RELEASED (140805)

I'm fairly happy with this release, I think DN usability is starting to come together now.. as always I'm very interested in your thoughts and feedback!

beta 140805 (August 05 2014)
Fixes
  • Crash on start-up if no internet connection
  • Improved content disposition detection
  • Downloads from Google Docs fixed
  • Login details not saved with new downloads
  • Fixed error forcing HTTP/HTTPS when adding new login details from add download page
  • Text box context menu wrong color
  • Added check for too much server data overwriting valid chunk data (chunk reset)
  • Fixed cross sub-domain cookie issue
  • General bug fixes
Enhancements
  • Updated YouTube parser
  • Allow multi select on list
  • Support delete key to quick remove a download
  • Added support for Access-Control-Allow-Headers
  • If delete download before complete partial data also removed
  • Added dedicate add media window for YouTube downloads
  • Added default download categories for new installs
  • Separated Add Download window from main window to aid quicker adding
  • General visual enhancements

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
I would be VERY interested in an Arabic translation.. somebody posted a review on a popular Iranian blog the other day and so the site has had over 3000 visits from there in the last 36 hours! I'm sure they would love an Arabic version of the app.

Ok, I'll make it for you. FYI Iran speak Farsi not Arabic. both languages might look same for you but they don't :) anyways keep the great work on this =d

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeD

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Thanks for the info, I'd always thought they spoke mostly Arabic in that region

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Chrome extension causes a bug that you can't save an Image file (.png,jpg,gif etc...) When I click 'save image as' DN popup with the download dialog. and on "Monitor" settings on DN there's no image extensions so. When I disabled chrome extension everything worked fine. Can you add like an option or disable monitoring image files from the browser?

Media downloader also takes some time to scan for media in youtube. It would be better if you could make it scan for media as soon as the page loads, so it will be ready when user wants to download.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@MikeD Is it possible to preserve my previous settings, as I don't wish to have DN run on start-up. Thank you.

Screenshot of DN after an update.
upload_2014-8-6_17-46-34.png

Reactions: Malware1

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Chrome extension causes a bug that you can't save an Image file (.png,jpg,gif etc...) When I click 'save image as' DN popup with the download dialog. and on "Monitor" settings on DN there's no image extensions so. When I disabled chrome extension everything worked fine. Can you add like an option or disable monitoring image files from the browser?

Yes I have noticed this myself, the plugin needs refining a little. I've added it to the bug list.

Media downloader also takes some time to scan for media in youtube. It would be better if you could make it scan for media as soon as the page loads, so it will be ready when user wants to download.

Good idea, I like this.. I'll see what I can do :)

@MikeD Is it possible to preserve my previous settings, as I don't wish to have DN run on start-up. Thank you.

Screenshot of DN after an update.
View attachment 17064

Good idea, I've changed the next version to only set the auto-start flag on the first install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.