Download Ninja (Official Updates Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Hi All, an error was found in the code that saves the translation this morning and has been fixed in a new beta version.

If you have already done some translation work please EXPORT the current work before you close the application as your changes may not be saved to disk otherwise.

Once you export the data please update to this version:
http://get.downloadninja.com/download-ninja_beta140727.exe

Then re-import the file you exported.

My apologies for this, it seems that an error is thrown by windows that was not handled properly by Download Ninja.

Big thanks to @tailHey for his French translation that is now included as an embedded language in beta 140727 :) :) :)

D

Deleted member 178

just a proposition, can we have DN starting only when a download is activated, actually DN need itself to be started to do take over the download , means starting with windows or manually.

Reactions: Malware1

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
It's something that I've been thinking about but it would need one of two things

1) The browser to start an external process (can be done with chrome native messaging but not sure about other browsers due to security issues)

2) A background service that is always running to check for a new download.

I don't really like either idea, 1) because starting processes from browsers can never be a good thing and 2) because it means an extra process needs running in the background.

The background process would not be very big but it would complicate users who wanted a portable version of DN.

I'll have a think about it anyway and see what I can come up with.

Reactions: Malware1
D

Deleted member 2913

A bug in the beta version I faced.
I download 4 videos. Only first video downloads properly. Later videos are downloaded completely but no extension is there i.e file icon is blank white named as Youtube, renaming with .mp4 or whatever the original extension was solves the prob.

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
I download 4 videos. Only first video downloads properly. Later videos are downloaded completely but no extension is there i.e file icon is blank white named as Youtube, renaming with .mp4 or whatever the original extension was solves the prob.

Same here too , im my case a torrent file

Can you please provide exact steps to reproduce this?

I've tried locally to download many files and videos and have not encountered any problems with the extension being added?

D

Deleted member 178

nothing special, went to a P2P torrent site, click the link (that let me download the torrent) , DN download windows shows up , clicked , quick add, then the torrent is downloaded but without extension, had to rename it properly.

i observed that in DN window if i look at advanced Add, the file is missing its extension from the start.

it happen from time to time not at each time, so will be difficult to reproduce

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
From what you've seen does it appear to happen randomly on the same download or only effect certain downloads?

I've just tried to add the same download around 20 times and so far no sign of the error so I'm wondering if it's something to do with the download filename.. maybe the filename contains an additional dot (.) in there.

I'll keep looking.

D

Deleted member 178

nevermind, in my case the link is broken... i just enter it via IE

Reactions: MikeD

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014

How do you mean ?

I notice you "liked" this post so I assumed you also saw this problem with the beta?

Maybe I jumped to the wrong conclusion :)

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
@MikeD How about themes ?

Let's get the current beta with language support stable as well as a few issues that have been reported ironed out first.

I'd also like to look at the IE plugin before themes as there are quite a few people waiting on that :)

Reactions: MalwareT
M

MalwareT

Let's get the current beta with language support stable as well as a few issues that have been reported ironed out first.

I'd also like to look at the IE plugin before themes as there are quite a few people waiting on that :)

Sure,no problems :D

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
Hello @MikeD, since you like our bug reportings, here we go:

I noticed a bug since the first build in which you introduced the automatic cleanup of finished download; indeed, it works, but when I quit and later relaunch DN, previous finished downloads appear again (after a right click -> Remove successfully completed downloads, they go, forever this time I think)!

Also, I noticed two strings not available for translation:
  • In Settings, the Monitor tab keeps the same name, even though it is modified through the Language Editor;
  • When hovering DN's tray icon with no active download, "Key: Summary_NoDownloads" can be read instead of "There aren't any active download" (and the string isn't available for translation in Language Editor).
Now, it's suggesting time:
  1. Support for IE would be good indeed, but I think it wouldn't hurt too much to "do the same" with Opera (blink). Indeed the Chrome extension works with it, but some beginners may not know this, so it would be nice to have a "distinctive support" for Opera as well!
  2. Multi-language support for DN's website (it'd be my pleasure to translate it into French, just PM me!)
  3. Find a way to automatically merge video and audio data in case of downloading 1080p media from YouTube
Thanks in advance for your hard work!

Reactions: MalwareT
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.