Download Ninja (Official Updates Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
New beta just released which fixes a few issues and adds Polish and Russian translations.

I've also added an option to disable the auto-update check and another option to allow for offer beta versions as updates, so if you want to use the beta versions you'll get a notification when a new one is released.

http://get.downloadninja.com/beta

Special thanks to @Malware1 for the Polish translation and to @Petrovic for the Russian translation :)

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
Nice to see some more translations!
Thank you @Malware1 and @Petrovic for your work! ^^
@MikeD, I just added an answer to this thread, please take a look at it if you don't mind ^^
I'll take a look at this new build to see if some points about my post have been addressed!

EDIT: First bug sighted, I can't translate the new strings! :eek:
EDIT FOR THIS EDIT: My bad, I just read your PM, will take care of this ASAP!

Reactions: MikeD

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Hello @MikeD, since you like our bug reportings, here we go:

• Automatic cleanup of finished download works, but when I quit and later relaunch DN, previous finished downloads appear again
  • In Settings, the Monitor tab keeps the same name, even though it is modified through the Language Editor;
  • When hovering DN's tray icon with no active download, "Key: Summary_NoDownloads" can be read instead of "There aren't any active download" (and the string isn't available for translation in Language Editor).
These all fixed in latest beta (140728.1) as well as a few fixes

Just installed Download Ninja awhile ago. I really love it! Keep it up @MikeD!

Thank you very much!

EDIT @tailHey :
  1. Support for IE would be good indeed, but I think it wouldn't hurt too much to "do the same" with Opera (blink). Indeed the Chrome extension works with it, but some beginners may not know this, so it would be nice to have a "distinctive support" for Opera as well!
Coming as soon as this beta is out and stable :)
  1. Multi-language support for DN's website (it'd be my pleasure to translate it into French, just PM me!)
I need to look into how to do this with Wordpress.. I'm sure its fairly easy but just don't know how to do it yet.. I also need to see about getting the installer working with different languages
  1. Find a way to automatically merge video and audio data in case of downloading 1080p media from YouTube
Yup.. needs doing as well as a general cleanup of the media downloading section

D

Deleted member 178

Ah just to say ,sometimes DN intercept the download a bit too late. Win8 can still open a window

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
What browser is this in?

I think this problem is because DN only kicks in when the download starts.. the browser doesn't know the download should start until it follows the link, and the link opens window before it loads.

So the process happens like this:

1. Link (open new window) clicked
  2. New window opened, browser starts to load content
  3. Browser decides this type should be downloaded (i.e. not an image or HTML)
  4. DN intercepts at this point and stops the browser
  5. DN starts to download the file
So the problem is that the window has already been opened before DN starts.. as far as I'm aware this is a problem that all the download managers I have tried suffer from.

If you know of a manager that handles this a little better let me know and I'll take a look to see how they do it.

D

Deleted member 178

Chrome dev.

Thx for the explanation, i will look further then

D

Deleted member 2913

OK, @yesnoo or @Malware Test can you let me know if you are able to reproduce this on a regular basis?

If so, how?
This never happened with stable version.
Happened with this beta only.
Downloaded 4 videos, 1st was fine & other 3 were downloaded completely but without extension.
I will try to test again.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2913

With the latest beta 140728.1, I am not able to download files & videos. "Checking Download Details" keeps going....
Even check for updates keeps going......

I am tesing under Shadow Defender.
So dont know if the prob is with DN or due to SD.

But previous versions worked correctly under light virtualization. But previously I used other light virtualization Toolwiz Time Freeze.
I guess light virtualization is not the prob.

Lets see if anyone face the same prob.

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
Two new bugs for you @MikeD:

1. Since 140728.1 Build, I can read Download Ninja (Beta 0) instead of right build number;
  2. I wasn't able to capture a Dailymotion video, DN was keeping for "Loading Media" proccess, and according to what @yesnoo said the whole feature would be broken.
EDIT: My bad, the 2. issue also happened with "regular" downloads. A download manager which can't download a thing... A little bit paradoxal? ;P

Last edited:

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Well that was weird.. for some reason the installer didn't add the latest version of one of the required DLLs when it built which caused both these issues. Not sure why, I just rebuilt the installer and seems fine now.

Confirmed working now on my test machine.. please let me know how you get on.

Reactions: Malware1

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
works fine for me?

Just tried it on three different computers.

EDIT @Umbra Polaris :

Tried a few more times and can't see any problems.. are you seeing an error downloading or a blank page?

Last edited:

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
Well that was weird.. for some reason the installer didn't add the latest version of one of the required DLLs when it built which caused both these issues. Not sure why, I just rebuilt the installer and seems fine now.

Confirmed working now on my test machine.. please let me know how you get on.
It looks like it's working now, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.