Download Ninja (Official Updates Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Here is screenshot from Quarantine:

Izrezak.png

It's the first (in yellow) entry?

I guess FileRepMetagen is something to do with the file reputation not being very high because it's so new and is not all that widely known yet by virus scanners.. I've always wondered how a program is supposed to become well known if AVs block all non-well known programs ;)

I'll send the screenshot onto Avast

Currently working on Bosnian laungage for DN ;)

That would be great, I've just updated the translation page to include credits:

http://downloadninja.com/translate/

Those who have provided translations so far if you'd like the credit text/link changing please let me know.

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Morning all.. I've just released a new beta that has IE download support:

beta 140819 (August 19 2014)

http://get.downloadninja.com/beta

Enhancements
  • Updated Arabic translation
  • Updated YouTube parser
  • Added Internet Explorer support
Fixes
  • Created more atomic config saving with backup to protect against system crashes
  • Clear Selected was deleting download data for some downloads even though they had completed
For those updating, IE will not be enabled in the settings by default, just go into Settings -> Monitor and Enable IE after install.

Also when you first start IE it will say that the Download Ninja extension is ready and ask you if you want to enable it, I've found that after enabling it you have to restart IE for IE to actually start using it.

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Hi All, quite a big update today with a lot of things that users have been asking for.

One of the main things is the addition of 'disable' key combinations for DN so you can disable sending a download to DN by pressing a certain key combination (you can set this in the settings).

These disable/ignore updates require the latest version of the browser plugins. I've submitted new versions to both Firefox and Chrome web stores so they should be updated automatically over the next few hours (depending on Chrome/FF updates) if you have the apps open. I've also submitted an Opera extension to their web store and it's pending review.

I notice that Firefox is still listing the current version as 1.5 and that the new version (1.7) is in position 98 of 99 in the processing queue so I'm not sure how long it will be before it gets the OK but should be sometime today :)

Enhancements
  • Updated YouTube parser
  • Added Internet Explorer support
  • Added integrity checks to config file saving
  • Allow drag of add media window when loading
  • Add key/toggles to disable download into DN (latest plugins required)
  • Add option for double click on list behaviour
  • Added additional checksum check types (sha1,sha256,sha384,sha512,ripemd160)
  • If checksum fails, perform action (redownload, nothing or ask)
  • Add pause to summary window
  • Add download completed dialog
  • On queue finished (run file, shut down, hibernate, close DN)
  • List of site exceptions (don’t intercept from sites)
  • List of file exceptions (don’t intercept extensions)
  • Added Save To location to quick add page
  • Added recent Save To folders drop down
  • Added file browse button to Save To location
  • Added Spanish language
  • Added Hungarian language
  • Updated Brazilian language
  • Updated Arabic translation
Fixes
  • Clear Selected was deleting download data for some downloads even though they had completed
  • Added correct start date (today) on new queue
  • When clicking on the install extension buttons it opens in the appropriate browser
  • Some servers return incorrect data size, added correction

hopefully_secure

Level 2
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
Download Ninja doesn't seem to download torrent files correctly, they can't open them, they don't work. It also does a media scan if you click on the download link on a downloadable song from Soundcloud instead of downloading the hosted mp3.

Reactions: MalwareT

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
I've not seen any problems with download torrents, seem to download here without any problems?

Yes downloading from SoundCloud will do that if its considered a media site.. obviously that is not ideal! I'll make a change and get that sorted out, thanks for reporting it.

EDIT:

For the moment you can stop that by removing SoundCloud from the media sites list in the Monitor settings.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Download Ninja doesn't seem to download torrent files correctly, they can't open them, they don't work. It also does a media scan if you click on the download link on a downloadable song from Soundcloud instead of downloading the hosted mp3.

As far as I know, DN isn't a Torrent Client. While it may download the .torrent, it cannot read them. Use something like qBitTorrent or Hadouken to download the file contents of the .torrent files.

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
As far as I know, DN isn't a Torrent Client. While it may download the .torrent, it cannot read them. Use something like qBitTorrent or Hadouken to download the file contents of the .torrent files.

I *think* he is referring to downloading the torrent meta file rather than processing and downloading the torrent content but I could be wrong.

But you are correct, DN is not a torrent client

Reactions: Ink

hopefully_secure

Level 2
Verified
Jul 18, 2014

I mean the actual .torrent file, they weren't opening in any torrent client as if they were corrupted but I just went and tried again to confirm and it seemed to work this time. I'm not sure what went wrong the first time.

Also, I really like that DN now just lets Chrome download the file now if DN isn't open, and the ability to temporarily turn on and off download capture is neat too. It would be handy if you could see if that was on or off using the Chrome plugin.

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Strange.. please let me know if it happens again with torrents or any file for that matter.

I like the idea of displaying the intercept status of DN in Chrome.. maybe I could change the icon if DN is not active.. grey it out somehow.. that would be very helpful I think.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
When will there be support for FTP files? It's always adding http:// before ftp:// protocol..

Reactions: Malware1

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
When will there be support for FTP files? It's always adding http:// before ftp:// protocol..

I need to look at it, its either going to be really easy or a pain in the *** :)

It's on the list after:

- Theme support (causing me headaches at the moment)
- Optional new list style (more traditional list view)
- Multi add dialog (add/import more than one download at a time)

Reactions: Malware1

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Can anyone please tell me how can i download videos from youtube? Previous version had a ''youtube'' icon but with the new update ''youtube'' icon is not
I add youtube link to download ninja and it just downloads a html file :confused:
7QUgrzU.jpg

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Go into settings and click 'Enable Video Parsing in the general tab, that should give you the YouTube button again.

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Build 25 has just gone out including:

build 25 (August 30 2014)

Download: http://get.downloadninja.com

Enhancements
  • Added Theme Builder
  • Added default ‘Light’ theme
  • Updated YouTube parser
  • Added Turkish language
  • Updated Arabic language
  • Updated Vietnamese language

The big thing with this build is of course the Theme Editor and new 'Light' theme. The theme editor should allow the more users to come up with some interesting themes/skins for Download Ninja.

As with the language editor, if you create a nice theme export the file and send it over for adding to the main build :)

Let me know what you think!

Main Screen

Build25_1.PNG

Add Download

Build25_2.PNG

Settings

Build25_3.PNG

Theme Editor

Build25_4.PNG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.