Troubleshoot Drive Vaccine BSOD

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I am trying out Drive Vaccine on my old vaio desktop with Win XP and every time I reboot or shut down I get a BSOD a second before it restarts or it shuts down. The only security I have is unchecky and the latest version of CIS. I tried disabling all of CIS but that doesn't help.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 357
H

hjlbx

Sorry, you are on XP. My mistake...

Better check with HDS to see if current DV RX driver is XP compatible.

However, on W10 AU

Drive Vaccine driver does not work due to newly introduced W10 AU driver signing restrictions.

You have to revert system to state prior to W10 AU and disable Windows Update

OR

Keep W10 AU and completely disable Secure Boot

Disabling Secure Boot is a jackass move; it is more secure to revert system to pre-AU...

Upvote 0

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Drive Vaccine driver does not work due to newly introduced W10 AU driver signing restrictions.

You have to revert system to state prior to W10 AU and disable Windows Update

OR

Keep W10 AU and completely disable Secure Boot

Disabling Secure Boot is a jackass move; it is more secure to revert system to pre-AU...
This is XP not 10 :confused:

Upvote 0
H

hjlbx

All you have to do is submit the system created memory.dmp or mini.dmp to HDS and they will figure out what happened using the symbol files.

Otherwise you can spend many hours - even days - trying to do\find a workaround.

The support ticket will be done within 4 or 5 days - because of the long, holiday weekend.

If you have old hardware, that can be a contributor as well.

You know that license is tied to hardware - right ?

Upvote 0

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
All you have to do is submit the system created memory.dmp or mini.dmp to HDS and they will figure out what happened using the symbol files.

Otherwise you can spend many hours - even days - trying to do\find a workaround.

The support ticket will be done within 4 or 5 days - because of the long, holiday weekend.

If you have old hardware, that can be a contributor as well.

You know that license is tied to hardware - right ?
There isn't a dmp available

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.