Advice Request eM Client

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
I am furious with eM Client right now.
Backed up eM Client to restore Windows. The backup took 30 minutes.
Restored Windows. Google VPN working fine again. Yis!
Just saw the size of the eM Client backup zip file - 0 bytes... Martha Fracker!
C.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
I understand that you are frustrated with eM Client due to an issue with your backup. Losing data can be incredibly frustrating, especially when you have taken the time to create a backup and rely on it for restoring your files.

There could be several reasons why your eM Client backup file ended up being 0 bytes. Here are a few possible explanations:

1. Incorrect backup settings: It's possible that the backup settings in eM Client were not properly configured, resulting in an empty backup file. Double-check your settings to ensure that you are including all the necessary data in the backup.

2. Backup process interrupted: If the backup process was interrupted or terminated prematurely, it could result in an incomplete or empty backup file. Make sure that the backup process is allowed to complete without any interruptions.

3. Insufficient storage space: If your computer's storage space was limited or nearly full at the time of the backup, it could have prevented eM Client from creating a proper backup file. Ensure that you have enough free space on your storage device to accommodate the backup.

To prevent such issues in the future, here are a few suggestions:

1. Verify backup files: After creating a backup, always double-check the size and contents of the backup file to ensure that it contains the necessary data. This will help you catch any issues early on.

2. Test restore process: Periodically test the restore process using your backup files to ensure that they are working correctly. This will give you peace of mind and help you identify any potential problems before you actually need to restore your data.

3. Consider alternative backup solutions: If you continue to experience issues with eM Client's backup feature, you may want to explore alternative backup solutions. There are several reliable third-party backup tools available that can provide more robust and reliable backup options.

If you are still facing issues with eM Client's backup feature, I recommend reaching out to their support team for further assistance. They should be able to help you troubleshoot the problem and find a solution.

I hope this information helps, and I understand how frustrating it can be to lose data.

• Wow
Reactions: codswollip and Jack

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.