ESET 13.1.16.0

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
hmmm? my about still showing 13.0.24.0
should eset be an automatic update??...
From their forum:

ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Internet Security and ESET Smart Security Premium version 13.1.16 have been released and are available to download.

Changelog:
Version 13.1.16

• Added: compatibility with Windows 10 H1-2020
  • Added: License overuse check
  • Added: Banking & Payment : Notification about access via RDP
  • Improved: Screen reader support
  • Improved: Banking & Payment : Scrambler improvements
  • Changed: Uninstaller feedback screen removed
Known issues:
N/A

Upgrade to Latest Version
Upgrade my ESET Windows home product to the latest version

If your ESET security product has not updated automatically yet, you can enforce product update by manually checking for update in the Update panel or wait until it updates automatically.

F 4 E

Level 3
Verified
Jan 27, 2019
Hi, all. I'm considering trying Eset when my Kaspersky sub runs out, but am a little concerned about the many advanced options available.

I thought Kaspersky and Norton took long enough to set up, but Eset seems to be VERY feature rich.

I understand protection is reasonable at default settings, but are there any easy to follow tips to harden the protection without spending all afternoon trying to fathom them all ? TIA.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Hi, all. I'm considering trying Eset when my Kaspersky sub runs out, but am a little concerned about the many advanced options available.

I thought Kaspersky and Norton took long enough to set up, but Eset seems to be VERY feature rich.

I understand protection is reasonable at default settings, but are there any easy to follow tips to harden the protection without spending all afternoon trying to fathom them all ? TIA.

If you are not going to set custom HIPS options, just set the real time to maximum protection it's actually faster to set up than Kaspersky in my experience. You''ll probably have to pay attention to network protection blocks for a few days as it has a habit of blocking some communication from Epson and HP wireless printers and scanners. It also blocks Calibre (e-book management) communication with external devices but unblocking is very simple.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
but are there any easy to follow tips to harden the protection without spending all afternoon trying to fathom them all ? TIA.
I don't think there's any easy way really. ESET's hardening is mainly related to HIPS and you would have to invest some time to create rules in HIPS. For example you can follow this guide to stop script executions, macro documents, etc:
[KB6119] Configure HIPS rules for ESET business products to protect against ransomware
Here's one Firewall related:
[KB6119] Configure HIPS rules for ESET business products to protect against ransomware
Here I created a thread for protected folder rules which is similar to Windows Defender's Controlled Folder Access:
ESET - Implement Protected Folders via HIPS
So, there's no on and off button to harden the system but if you're planning to use ESET permanently then you just have to create these rules for once then export the profile setings to a file. Later even after windows installation or to apply it to other PCs simply import the file and everything's set (y)

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
From their forum:

ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Internet Security and ESET Smart Security Premium version 13.1.16 have been released and are available to download.

Changelog:
Version 13.1.16

If your ESET security product has not updated automatically yet, you can enforce product update by manually checking for update in the Update panel or wait until it updates automatically.

or not exactly, I did try to manually update it yesterday, and it reported back that all was current with 13.0.24.0 ??
maybe later this weekend I"ll download the update and manually install if it does not auto-update

Reactions: Nevi and stefanos

F 4 E

Level 3
Verified
Jan 27, 2019
Thanks all, for your replies. What I like about Norton and Kaspersky is that their firewalls are smart ones, and there's no faffing around setting rules in normal circumstances.

I've always left Norton and Kaspersky's firewall and behaviour blockers at default settings, and never had an issue.

I might trial Eset for 30 days, and see how I get on.

Last edited:

I3rYcE

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
Version 13.1.21.0
  • Added: Windows 10 H1-2020 compatible
  • Added: Banking & Payment : Remote access application notification
  • Improved: Banking & Payment : Re-director link quality
  • Improved: License over-use blocking
  • Improved: Advanced setup accessible by screen-reader software
  • Improved: Read out notifications by screen reader software
  • Improved: Uninstaller feedback screen removed
  • Improved: Installer refactoring
  • Fixed: Banking & Payment : On-screen keyboard scrambler improvements
  • Fixed: Minor bugs

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
ESET - Inspeção comportalmental profunda (2).png

Never thought I would see deep behavioral inspection in action.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
View attachment 237841
Never thought I would see deep behavioral inspection in action.
You're a lucky guy 😁 Btw, is that a safe app? Because few days ago a user on Eset forum reported one Deep behavioral inspection related detection which was a false positive. It was detecting a file from the 10 years old Steam version of Medal of Honor as a crack.

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
You're a lucky guy 😁 Btw, is that a safe app? Because few days ago a user on Eset forum reported one Deep behavioral inspection related detection which was a false positive. It was detecting a file from the 10 years old Steam version of Medal of Honor as a crack.
It depends on setting up balanced or highly sensitive, maybe?

I don't think it's a FP, I tried download an executable even warning me.

But FP with games it's awful in this case, that's what made me uninstall Bitdefender. Luckily ESET it's not known for high levels of FPs.

I've seen on reports a "documents protection" detection too.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.