ESET 6 RC + COMODO 5.12 + Malwarebytes 1.65.1

D

Deleted member 178

lol i just kept 9h of sleep and looks that the thread is 3 days old ^^

ok so there is my point of view:

being on Win8 too, NOD32 rc6 froze my system to the point i have to restore a system image...so now way i install it on Win8 until final release or at least next version.

CIS is perfect on Win8, light and secure as always. select v5.12 available on their forum since it is optimized for Win8.
i confirm what Bioz said,Comodo FW dont remove malwares detected by its cloud just block them.
it is why i usually use the full suite.

if you still keep ESET, you should add "ekrnl.exe" and "egui.exe" (not sure for the spelling, Eset is not on my system right now) in comodo exclusions; then add "cmdagent.exe" and "cfp.exe" in ESET exclusions.

Remember in that case that you must disable eset HIPS since Comodo's one is better.

i have a link to a guide on my signature below for setting CIS with another AV.

also as Jack said MBAM pro in your config is useless, it uses 30mb of RAM for features already covered by eset ir comodo.

P

Plexx

Umbra, the processes are egui.exe and ekrn.exe

Off topic, I do remember someone running ESET AV + CFW + MBAM Pro but cant remember who. Probably someone in youtube.

I did however tried that combo and it was nothing special.

You would get away with MBAM Pro in real time along with Panda Cloud though.

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
ok thank you Biozfear and Umbra sir, then please give me another best security combination for windows 8 since eset is so buggy and malwarebytes pro does same as eset so i would keep malwarebytes for on demand only. Please give me a strong security combo for win8 pro 64 bit with 4 gb RAM .light secure and less buggy :)

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
And where is win7holic i think he should now change his name to win8holic :p. And also MrXidus it is because of these 2 ppl that i got to know of this awesome site. Are they still here or left :(

McLovin

Level 78
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
whizkidraj said:
And where is win7holic i think he should now change his name to win8holic :p. And also MrXidus it is because of these 2 ppl that i got to know of this awesome site. Are they still here or left :(

win7holic got banned and will not be coming back.

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
Sad :( and just saw MrXidus profile and add him to buddy list and also u McLovin Sir, So please suggest me good alternative to what i currently use now. Like how u all use

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Just use Internet security suite + on demand scanner something like:

Eset smart security+ malwarebytes free + hitman pro (on demand only)
Avast Internet security+ 2 mentioned above
Avira Internet security+2 mentioned above

(Easy and without headache)

If free then go with

Avast free/Avira free/Mse+windows firewall (if need to control application than add win7 firewall control)+ 2 mentioned above

That's all

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
Ok will register for the f-secure internet security giveaway and use that. Its good internet security right.

P

Plexx

Between F Secure and CIS, I would stick to CIS 5.12 (including AV).

Following Chiron's guide there won't be much user interaction so it is a safe bet.

avast could be recommended but I would use the avast with the windows built in firewall (could someone verify if the firewall is basically the same as in windows 7 for windows 8)?

You could also use AVG Antivirus Free 2013.

D

Deleted member 178

Avast IS has some issues on my Win8, CIS v5.12 never failed. CIS v6 has many bugs and issues.

BSOD

Level 2
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
Personally, I do not like MBAM Real-time. It has way too many false-positives for my liking.

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
but f secure av comparative product of the year in year 2010 right and also got awesome scores in latest October whole dynamic test it's always consistent in the scores and ranks then y not to use it. Also bitdefender always get 100 marks but always sux comments in cnet downloads and by experts no 1 ready to use all these high class antivirus lol. Can some 1 please explain me if all av comparative test are true and trustful or not since i always in doubt about it because bitdefender and g data , f secure all these security suites get always high marks in top 3.

BSOD

Level 2
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
Tests are just... tests. Just like how a person's true intelligence is not reflected on how well he does in his examinations.

Choose what works best for you and doesn't impact your system's performance.

D

Deleted member 178

Tests use a particular procedure that may give advantage to some products over others. it is why u never have the same results from different labs. It is why test labs are useless; and never reflect the real world behaviour of those products.

just use the product you like, learn to optimize it and stick with it.

i tried many and my favorites are Emsisoft, Comodo, ESET and webroot.

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
100 % security is a myth

Everything comes with a cost,
a product with great detection may cost you lot of False Positive, system slow downs, bsod, unstable system, too many conflicts with other programs, etc.
on the other hand a product with 95% detection, may not give you the above mentioned problems, and to cover that 5% we use second opinion Demand scanner like Hitman Pro.

Dont assume that your system will be attacked by an Army of Malwares every know and then(unless you dont know what you are doing) until or unless you are playing with malware 95% should be good enough for most people.

ESET is my favorite, even though it doesn't have the best detection rate, becoz it suits my system better than the many i have tried ;)

Choose the products which suits your system Best, if you have time, learn how to keep your system safe rather than wholly depending on an AV product.

P

Plexx

I agree with Umbra, although even I have issues with Emsisoft and Webroot. While Emsisoft has that random spikes and the delays, Webroot decreases my FPS and increases some lag (only work around I can think of is having a folder exclusion option, which at this stage there isn't any and I HIGHLY doubt they will include such feature since they are more stubborn than anything...).

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
@whizkidraj

Comodo Internet Security should be enough on it's own.
It's prevention is still first class.

whizkidraj

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
ok thank you very much friends for all ur reply I've now decided to use eset smart security as its key giveaway is given here on MalwareTips by WhiteNobster sir, after 3-4 days as my motherboard got burnt due to power supply burning :(. But its under warranty so no problem :p. And the free alternative would be COMODO Internet Security. And i would also try to depend less on these antivirus programs and try to make myself more aware of security threats and how to deal with it. Just awareness and common sense right ? :p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.