Compare list
[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.eset.com/au/home/antivirus/[/URL]
[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.kaspersky.com.au/antivirus[/URL]
In-depth Comparison

jrw666

Level 2
Verified
Oct 24, 2016
It was popping up about OSArmour all the time and I selected create rule everytime, but then my pc stopped responding.
Maybe it's conflicting with OSA. It did block a website as well with no option to allow it.

Reactions: JB007 and Venustus

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Maybe I'll install again and leave at defaults but I read here it needs tweaking to be good?

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
ESET's HIPS is its strongest and weakest point at the same time. Extremely powerful but too complicated for a newbie who just wants the software to protect their machine.

For a consumer level product the more automated it is, the better. Not everyone is or wishes to be a security enthusiast.

jrw666

Level 2
Verified
Oct 24, 2016
ESET's HIPS is its strongest and weakest point at the same time. Extremely powerful but too complicated for a newbie who just wants the software to protect their machine.

For a consumer level product the more automated it is, the better. Not everyone is or wishes to be a security enthusiast.
Yeah I've been a long term emsisoft user, pretty much install and forget. Just concerned it wasn't doing so well in the hub so thought I'd try something else. Kaspersky always gave me problems so ESET was next best thing but finding it's a bit hard work for my needs.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Yeah I've been a long term emsisoft user, pretty much install and forget. Just concerned it wasn't doing so well in the hub so thought I'd try something else. Kaspersky always gave me problems so ESET was next best thing but finding it's a bit hard work for my needs.
Default settings provide very good protection for a home user, depending on your habits. If you use it with OSArmor at default then you are in really good shape.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Don't judge your security software for online tests. Despite I love our Hub and respect the users that share their testing with us, one must remember that we're testing packs of malware, throwing sometimes dozens of files in the same scenario. You, final user, with safe habits and ad blocker, will be lucky if you face a real malware executable once in a while. Emsisoft failing in some packs doesn't mean it can't stand infections. It has proven to be a solid solution.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Neither. Kaspersky AV and Eset Nod32 are not worth the money you are paying! Either get Kaspersky Internet Security/Total Security/Security Cloud Personal or Eset Smart Security Premium. If you just want an AV and nothing more, get Kaspersky Security Cloud Free. It gives you more than KAV and Nod32 have.

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Eset is great in performance, as well as having excellent settings and a great HIPS settings, if you know what you're doing. However, I miss some functions that Kaspersky has.

And not if it's my impression, but I can't feel safe enough in Eset as in Kaspersky.

However, I definitely recommend ESET to anyone who doesn't have a powerful computer, just be sure to tweak the settings, such as turning on DNA signatures, PUP detection and protecting your main folders through HIPS. ESET can offer great protection, I just don't know why it comes so poor at default settings.

Kaspersky, most of time and for many users, is install and forget, I can't say the same to ESET.

I find Kaspersky is relatively light except when browsing the web..For some reason avp.exe spikes when opening a new tab:unsure:
Agreed,...Eset is lightning fast..
Kaspersky is heavier at update too. It's super empressive how Eset can update their product and signatures fast.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.