Battle Eset Smart Security 6 vs Norton Internet Security 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimShady

Thread author
Verified
Mar 12, 2013
With both AVs proving to be a huge improvement over their predecessors, which one improved so much that it actually became better than the other.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
My observation when used NIS before (no comments for EIS)

1) Light from the system even pre installed version.
2) Using their reputation service component that increase better detection.
3) Not so complicated version interface
4) No Slowdowns from boot time and shut down time.

The problem only was the removal time process could take a long depending on the situation.

Seany007

Verified
May 3, 2013
I would go for ESET Smart Security over NIS.

ESET AV detection is superior to Norton in my opinion. But Norton is using rep service so it makes up for the basic detection.

But when it comes down to the overall protection/usability I would go for the ESS.

GA4E1

Verified
May 4, 2013
I would choose NIS. Has better prevention than ESET.

If given for free, I would try ESET again and NIS. If I had to buy, NIS.

F

ForgottenSeer 8371

I would suggest Norton Internet Security.
It recently scores much higher than ESET in protection based on AV-TEST.
Plus, it is very light like ESET.

Even though there are more powerful AVs like Bitdefender and Kaspersky...
Based on my experience, they have a huge impact on performance that I switched back to Norton.

Sidenote: Norton is known for its owner Symantec, one of the largest security software corporations in the world. They are not only trusted by home users but also by companies and enterprises.

Source:
http://www.av-test.org/en/tests/home-user/windows-7/novdec-2012/

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.