New Update ESET v17.0

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Gotta love this ESET update. Nothing really changed related to security they offer. Feels like a redesign of GUI and modules to fit in this new era. Same old weak antivirus.

PS: God it's pricy! I reciently checked out a couple of antivirus annd its prices here in Argentina, and for you to compare:

Prices without tax, taking the most complete version for each brand:
  • NORTON (360 Security for Gamers) - ARS 2799
  • KASPERSKY (Premium + 1 year Safe Kids) - ARS 1799
  • ESET (Ultimate) - ARS 104.344

Last edited:

czesetfan

Level 4
Thread author
Dec 3, 2021
I also feel it's too "over-marketed". From a business point of view, I understand the effort to raise the price level, but I worry if it will be too much already. New Update - ESET v17.0

Plus, when they are clearly trying to "forget" the iconic NOD32 Antivirus brand that made them famous.

If only they were at least more successful in tests. I understand the attempt at balance here too: detection, FP, system load. But this is more of interest to the corporate sphere than to ordinary users. In tests for home consumers, they don't rank at the top in detection. Oh, and they only put LiveGuard in the highest/most expensive versions.

Oh, and there is still a visible effort to "push" online accounts as a condition of using the product. A future only with an OnLine account ?

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

I'm going to buy a suped up car with motherboard and super computer set up to tweak all adjustments for max performance of the car. I'm going to leave it at default settings, never bothering to learn the adjustments and just complain I don't see any real benefits from having it.

Yep, sounds legit.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
@Shadowra does eset still not have a search advisor?:)

Yes, ESET now has one :)
Only, I only have it on Edge... I can't find to have it on Opera...

et search.png

czesetfan

Level 4
Thread author
Dec 3, 2021
Yes, ESET now has one :)
Only, I only have it on Edge... I can't find to have it on Opera...

View attachment 279883
The only supported browsers are Microsfot Edge and Google Chrome. (I have to correct myself: I Firefox)
With search engines only Google and Bing.
Others only if customers are interested (i.e., not anytime soon, if ever, not .... ) :):unsure:

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
What firewall do you use?
win10 Windows Firewall.
Recent past I had ESET SS Premium but after an ESET update it borked the firewall to the extent that OS needed a full update with MS support help. Just installed NOD32 on this VM. As I understand it, NOD32 scans some ports for malware but does not have its own firewall.

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

win10 Windows Firewall.
Recent past I had ESET SS Premium but after an ESET update it borked the firewall to the extent that OS needed a full update with MS support help. Just installed NOD32 on this VM. As I understand it, NOD32 scans some ports for malware but does not have its own firewall.
Do the NOD32 interface or settings include features (or upgrade labels) for higher editions?

Reactions: simmerskool

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
ESET's VPN is Windscribe... the interface looks just like it and the .EXEs are signed by Windscribe.
It's a good VPN, but limited to 1Gbps (sufficient, but I have 2Gbps fiber).

Upload on the other hand is very low for me.... (approx. 300Mbps vs. 700 without VPN)

image_2023-11-28_012037692.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.