New Update ESET version 16.0.0

Minimalist

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
can we see some screenshots of that intel tdt settings
It's only one setting that alows you to enable or disable it. Setting is only available if your processor supports TDT.

1666229661138.png

Last edited:

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Eset has always consumed few resources and this version 16.0.21.0 works very light
That's kinda what I'm seeing as well. In the last few versions, it's gotten lighter and much more responsive. Even with edge running in 3 windows, Outlook open, I have yet to see V16.0 run over 80 mbs, which is impressive. In the past, V10 or 12, I recall 100-120 mbs. Nice work ESET. Thanks @micasayyo for the reply.

Peace to all! ✌️

cofer123

Level 2
Sep 7, 2021
Just got the new update on the official release channel. Nothing really changed, but now there is an obnoxious green frame around the browser window. Despite disabling it in EIS settings, it shows up every time you open a new browser window. It's terrible.

cofer123

Level 2
Sep 7, 2021
What is your experience so far? Does it work without problems?
Nothing really changed, it works just as the previous version worked.

The most noticeable change is the dark theme, intel threat detection technology is enabled, and this horrible green frame around browser windows. If not for the latter, you wouldn't notice any difference.

Edit: turns out I found what changed. In version 15, the "Secure all browsers" option was default set to disabled.

1666697925867.png

Meanwhile, in version 16 the "Secure all browsers" option is default set to enabled. This is responsible for showing the green frame around the browser.
1666697903745.png

After disabling this setting, the green border no longer appears. And yes, even if I disable the last option shown on the image (Browser's green frame) it still shows whenever a new browser window opens.

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
After disabling this setting, the green border no longer appears. And yes, even if I disable the last option shown on the image (Browser's green frame) it still shows whenever a new browser window opens.
I talked about it in the forum and Marcos says, it's there to indicate that you have opened a supported browser. If you open an unsupported browser, it won't show the green frame. It could be useful in that scenario, but I also think that there should an option to permanently disable it so that it doesn't show the border even if a supported browser is opened.
Edit: Just saw, you discussed in the ESET forum as well less than an hour ago.

cofer123

Level 2
Sep 7, 2021
I talked about it in the forum and Marcos says, it's there to indicate that you have opened a supported browser. If you open an unsupported browser, it won't show the green frame. It could be useful in that scenario, but I also think that there should an option to permanently disable it so that it doesn't show the border even if a supported browser is opened.
Edit: Just saw, you discussed in the ESET forum as well less than an hour ago.
I really didn't like the part where he said "Secure all browsers" will be the only option in the future. I hate it when third party applications start meddling with browsers and then stuff stops working and nobody knows why. SSL scanning is already intrusive enough, now the entire browser is running in a sandbox. Ugh...

czesetfan

Level 3
Thread author
Dec 3, 2021
It appears that v16 is globally available. (y)
Download Internet Security with data encryption and antivirus | ESET

Version 16.0.22.0​

• New: Intel's Threat Detection Technology support on supported processors
  • New: Dark mode support
  • Improved: Refreshed GUI
  • Improved: Advanced setup graphical refreshment
  • Improved: Secure Data supporting dark mode + added support for ExFat format USB drives
  • Improved: Banking and payment protection Secure all browsers mode enabled by default
  • Other improvements:
    - New ESET Home product page
    - Updated Secure Data product page
    - Suspended licenses communicated in product
    - Information displayed for W7, W8, W8.1 users that they are running on old OS
    - Email plugins: Windows live mail, windows mail, Outlook express – email client plugin currently not supported
  • Bugfixing

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014

Version 16.0.22.0​

- Information displayed for W7, W8, W8.1 users that they are running on old OS
Here’s what Marcos said regarding this

It should be possible to disable the application status in the Application statuses setup. However, v16.0 is the latest which will run on the said old Windows operating systems because of signing requirements set by Microsoft.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I really didn't like the part where he said "Secure all browsers" will be the only option in the future. I hate it when third party applications start meddling with browsers and then stuff stops working and nobody knows why. SSL scanning is already intrusive enough, now the entire browser is running in a sandbox. Ugh...
Yeah, seems like a risky approach in terms of breaking browser functions. But no such issue has been reported by anyone yet in this short period of time. We'll see how it goes when all users start receiving the update.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
Mine updated today, no real changes for me & kept the light mode - No issues bar when I open ESET from task-bar I sometimes get a buy licence flash for a second or two, not an issue as licenced up to 2025 & don't open it often - I like the new look :):)

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
ESET here was still not showing update available this morning, so I manually checked for update, and ESSP updated to 16.0.22.0 with a reboot. I'm pretty sure my cpu does not support intel threat detection hardware based tech, but is there a switch or indicator in settings to enable or tell you whether it is available and running. I looked and did not find that. If not, why not?? :unsure:

Kiss

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 6, 2021
Just got the new update on the official release channel. Nothing really changed, but now there is an obnoxious green frame around the browser window. Despite disabling it in EIS settings, it shows up every time you open a new browser window. It's terrible.
I tested this new version of eset and I hated it, this green frame is very annoying every time I open the browser, even clicking close there is no option to disable it, I had to uninstall and go back to Norton 360

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I tested this new version of eset and I hated it, this green frame is very annoying every time I open the browser, even clicking close there is no option to disable it, I had to uninstall and go back to Norton 360
interesting, you & cofer123 find green frame annoying and obnoxious, but on my pc, browser opens and the green frame is barely visible?? (fwiw)

czesetfan

Level 3
Thread author
Dec 3, 2021
ESET here was still not showing update available this morning, so I manually checked for update, and ESSP updated to 16.0.22.0 with a reboot. I'm pretty sure my cpu does not support intel threat detection hardware based tech, but is there a switch or indicator in settings to enable or tell you whether it is available and running. I looked and did not find that. If not, why not?? :unsure:
The switch is only visible if the ITDT function is supported. If the switch is not present in the GUI, the function is unavailable for that hardware.

there is release date of version 16?
0111122.png

cofer123

Level 2
Sep 7, 2021
Another annoyance: if you open the browser through remote desktop (which I do a lot) then this shows up every time:

1666726445606.png

Yellow frame around the browser window that will not go away, and that message on the right side. Only way around that is to disable secure browser entirely.

If sometime ESET decides that disabling secure browser will now display warnings that you're not protected (which is already the case with secure banking, which I don't use/want), then I guess my time with ESET has come to an end.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
The switch is only visible if the ITDT function is supported. If the switch is not present in the GUI, the function is unavailable for that hardware.

there is release date of version 16?
View attachment 270275
Yes I see you are 100% correct! I have white space only in that location under enable ransomware shield. My preference would be some text: enable ITDT: is not available.
I'm sure they could convince me to buy a new motherboard and cpu with the right message.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.