New Update Finally... The next generation of Avira is available.

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
屏幕截图 2022-06-01 083816.png

Luke Filewalker has been removed!
New alert UI!

屏幕截图 2022-06-01 085444.png

HTTPS traffic scanning is supported!

屏幕截图 2022-06-01 085209.png

New settings UI:

屏幕截图 2022-06-01 085254.png

New behavior blocker (Sentry) added, which uses BullGuard technology.

AMSI supported.

(Sorry I am using the Chinese version :ROFLMAO: )

Last edited:

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Well, downloded/installed the New version and am trying it out for a few days. So far I like it. But theres a small....oversight? ive noticed.

There is no right click scan option. It's a small thing but considering pretty much every AV nowdays has that option it's just something that's stuck out so far.

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
Well, downloded/installed the New version and am trying it out for a few days. So far I like it. But theres a small....oversight? ive noticed.

There is no right click scan option. It's a small thing but considering pretty much every AV nowdays has that option it's just something that's stuck out so far.
Yes. Actually, I am a beta tester. Almost one year ago, I have already tested this version. There was no context menu scan, and I asked the developers and they replied that this function was on the roadmap... But now still no context menu scan.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Avira Free Security also updated to this new look UI and BB ???
Yes, its light only takes around 40mb of memory. But no idea what i expected with the web protection and https scanning on free version , it still requires browser extension

About luke filewalker its gone, but i cant scan folders or items , cant even drag them to avira to scan

4343avira.png

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Yes, its light only takes around 40mb of memory. But no idea what i expected with the web protection and https scanning on free version , it still requires browser extension

About luke filewalker its gone, but i cant scan folders or items , cant even drag them to avira to scan

View attachment 267146
Do you see Avira's certificate in the browser? Are they MITMing HTTPS connection or not?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.