FMA Intel-Secure CBAD Cloud Antimalware 2014 (BETA 2 FREE Version)

Will you support, review and share our software with other webpages?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
Hi,

@Nico@FMA
FMA Intel-Secure BETA 2 feedback - Windows 7, 32-bit

1. Context menu created sucessfully - Performed some tests and got different results:
- Tried to scan 7zip folder under Program Files and got the following error: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program'. (screen attached)
- Tried to scan folder under Documents, scanned finished without any problems.
- Tried third time to scan folder under Documents (C:\Users\username\Documents\Folder) and got the first error again
2. Started quick scan, all options enabled:
- Quick scan started and finished without problems
- Detected own installer file as malware, multiple times, same threat name, one file only (screen attached)

Sorry if something is already reported here. Anyway.. Nico, keep up the good.
@home I'll try it on Windows 10 TP. :)

Regards,
Kardo

It cannot yet scan inside zip folders, however i see no reason why it would report that the folder is not there.
Thats weird very weird. I tried replicating the error no luck so far.
But its noted.

Our own installer is whitelisted, forgot to do that when i released it lol.
We have some smaller issues at this point as some new tiny but nasty bugs did surface, so bare with us soon we will update the software again. Lucky we are still in beta..lol

Thanks for the info.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@Nico@FMA Thanks for the answer. ;)
Under 7zip folder I actually thought: C:\Program Files\7-Zip
It is a normal installed application folder without any zip file in it (7z.exe, 7zFM.exe and some other files).

Regards,
Kardo

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Been using it for a day, and I must say its quite impressive even for beta! low resources even while scanning in progress, splendid! ;)
Succesfully created context menu scan without any problems, but I have the same problem like Kardo had, when scanning a folder while there is zip file inside, it will say error cannot find the path, but if I scan a folder while there is no zip file inside its worked without any problems, regarding FP's so far none in my experience, I'm looking forward your progress, I see huge potentials :)

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
@Nico@FMA Thanks for the answer. ;)
Under 7zip folder I actually thought: C:\Program Files\7-Zip
It is a normal installed application folder without any zip file in it (7z.exe, 7zFM.exe and some other files).

Regards,
Kardo

Yeah we are working on it as we speak, but its going to take a bit of time as we cannot split our self into 5 pieces.
My wife asked me already when i could find the time in my agenda to finally have some time together lol.
As with every beta when clients start using the software you come across little problems that are not visible under normal testing standards.
So due to the users demand we did some stress testing on the system. And while the cloud is holding its own pretty well, there are some things that need fixing and patching. And while we are searching for the source of those problems more problems are being found (Chain reaction) so we did have like 20 small bugs, now we got like 50 small bugs and a few bigger problems.
But thats ok, i like troubles...

Been using it for a day, and I must say its quite impressive even for beta! low resources even while scanning in progress, splendid! ;)
Succesfully created context menu scan without any problems, but I have the same problem like Kardo had, when scanning a folder while there is zip file inside, it will say error cannot find the path, but if I scan a folder while there is no zip file inside its worked without any problems, regarding FP's so far none in my experience, I'm looking forward your progress, I see huge potentials :)

Thank you for the kind words, yes its still a BETA as the data and feedback provided learns us a great deal about how the system is working. Having the system on the drawing table and looking at the code and doing some tests does also provide loads of info.
But nothing beats a show down with the real world.

Cheers

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@Nico@FMA
Thank you for the interesting reply. Looking forward to the next version.
PS. Another feedback "how well it works on Windows 10" is coming soon. ;)

Regards,
Kardo

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I found my nemesis, testing now.

"C:\CBAD" U.u why not program files?

Nemesis: "User Account Control: Only elevate executables that are signed and validated"

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
I found my nemesis, testing now.
"C:\CBAD" U.u why not program files?
Nemesis: "User Account Control: Only elevate executables that are signed and validated"

Well we have chosen to place the file outside program files.
And great that you fixed it.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
PUP/Adware added?

Yes pup and adware has been added, there is a tiny problem with the detection calculation which we are fixing.
Yet due to the fact its not stable yet i cannot guarantee that it fully works. However it will work and it will work great.
So my estimation is that 2 out of 10 Pup&adware will be detected but when its fixed it will be just as good as malware detection.

M

MalwareT

I tested out cloud scanner (detection only), so i'm going to upload video soon :) (I'm going to use it in my reviews, if it's not problem :D ) I can't wait for premium version.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@Nico@FMA
FMA Intel-Secure BETA 2 feedback - Windows 10 Technical Preview, 32-bit

1. Quick scan: all options enabled
- Started and finished successfully
- A little bit slow (110 items/11.1 minutes)
- Amazing resource usage
2. Context menu: created successfully
- Tried to scan the following folder and the same error appeared
Folder: C:\Program Files\7-Zip
Error: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program'.
- Tried to scan another folder and without any problems
Folder: C:\Users\username\Documents\Other
- Tried to scan the following folder without problems
Folder: C:\OnlineUpdate

* Seems like own installer detection (false positive) is fixed.

Waiting for the next BETA. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,;)

Do you know what the cost will be after the beta is completed? And will it one a year? And will you offer a lifetime lic.?

Kind regards,:)

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Woah. I didn't expect a new project will come up here again. I'm definitely hyped up to try this on my VM. I'll put in my feedback soon.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
Update:

We have released a new engine, 1.0.0.4
We have fixed many small and some bigger bugs.
Realtime snap logs are now working during scan (only during scan we did not yet make the log to keep info) This is a special feature which will be enhanced in the new versions so for now this feature is just, its true function will be implemented later.

Removal of infections and active processes should now be more strict and working.
Scanning engine has been optimized.
Added new algorithm calculations to provide more accurate detections and better cloud communications.
CBAD Collective Cloud Database (CCD) has been enhanced to better deal with class 2 and class 3 malware (rootkits, exploits)
Also the update function should now work properly when you open the engine it should shutdown and replace itself with a updated engine version automaticly so no more updated installers.
And the list continues.... to much to list.
But bottom line is the engine has been given a pair new and bigger balls.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.