Serious Discussion Fort Firewall

Dashke

Level 1
Feb 3, 2012
I am attaching a few screenshots for the members.

Attachments

• FortFirewall_IHSEwoe7li.png
    FortFirewall_IHSEwoe7li.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 142
  • FortFirewall_XrSy2HkNtY.png
    FortFirewall_XrSy2HkNtY.png
    101 KB · Views: 137
  • FortFirewall_8BrbMKnvw9.png
    FortFirewall_8BrbMKnvw9.png
    45 KB · Views: 143

tnodir

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Apr 19, 2022
what parts of windows popups are allowed or disabled?
Do you mean standard Windows Firewall's (WF) popups?

In general, WF will show popup when Fort does not process a connection request.
For example, Fort does not handle requests to LISTEN on port for a connection.

Or you can set Filter Mode to Ignore to not process all connections.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi what I mean is I am getting alot of small yellow triangle with alot of windows stuff like windows update ,windows medic ,windows time ,etc.
All windows stuff where i think most of it is allowed.I have windows firewall disabled ,no need for 2 firewalls.

tnodir

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Apr 19, 2022
@blueblackwow65 Can you please show some screenshot with describing what is wrong?
I still don't get what you mean.

> I am getting alot of small yellow triangle with alot of windows stuff like windows update ,windows medic ,windows time ,etc.

Do you mean that after allowing or blocking of windows programs, you are again getting alerts (small yellow triangles) for them?

Dashke

Level 1
Feb 3, 2012
Hi there is nothing wrong ,just getting the yellow alert for windows stuff and i think all are good to allow.
You will need to manually Allow or Block them according to your preferences.
By default, Filter Mode is set to Allow, if not blocked, which means that all applications are allowed but have a yellow exclamation point next to them to let you know that the rule has been created automatically. If you select an application and then select Allow/Block, the yellow exclamation mark will disappear.

Reactions: tnodir

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi just wanted to add that in latest version even though i have a program has not allowed ,it still connects ,might be a bug

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi tnodir, it does not matter what program they all still connect , I tried to not allow chrome,spywareblaster and wpd they all connect.Thanks

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.