Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Yea I kinda think so but so far all works well hand in hand and my PC not overkilled by all those apps lol I don't use the Ransomeware tool from Bitdefender so decided to use the Kaspersky one. I always used a Anti-Malware app such as Malwarebyte but because their new version is buggy as hell, Zemana seem to work very well.
BD's antiransomware is not the same as kaspersky's one
kaspersky uses KSN (signatures, cloud) to detect malicious files and system rollback (reverts changes if possible)
while BD simply protects specific folders against any modification independent on signatures
zemana does work well in most PC but BD is also an antimalware so you don't have to worry about

if you have enough resources, you can keep BD (gatekeeper), zemana (very strong signatures) and VS (lockdown + VT lookup + Ai). VS is the strongest but requires an internet connection to work. However, to save some resources, you should remove kaspersky and also because having many security products can cause conflicts and may reduce your security :)

edit: I used to be paranoid about security but now I trimmed down my security setup into 2 products although I have licenses for zemana, malwarebytes and a few more products

Reactions: AtlBo

fredwerk

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 18, 2015
BD's antiransomware is not the same as kaspersky's one
kaspersky uses KSN (signatures, cloud) to detect malicious files and system rollback (reverts changes if possible)
while BD simply protects specific folders against any modification independent on signatures
zemana does work well in most PC but BD is also an antimalware so you don't have to worry about

if you have enough resources, you can keep BD (gatekeeper), zemana (very strong signatures) and VS (lockdown + VT lookup + Ai). VS is the strongest but requires an internet connection to work. However, to save some resources, you should remove kaspersky and also because having many security products can cause conflicts and may reduce your security :)

edit: I used to be paranoid about security but now I trimmed down my security setup into 2 products although I have licenses for zemana, malwarebytes and a few more products

You are correct, too many security softwares can interfere with each other. But they could also compliment each other, making sure all Malwares, if not most of them, get caught. I like to think that 1 software that does only a specific task (such as Zemana), is better than 1 software doing several things like being a Antivirus, Anti-Malware, Anti-Ransomware, etc...

I am not so paranoid about security, I mainly use common sense ;)

My PC is fairly powerful (i7 4ghz, 32gb ram, gtx 1080, ssd) so not so worried about my ressources ;)

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Reactions: AtlBo
F

ForgottenSeer 56325

Reactions: fredwerk

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.