Poll Free DNS servers

VPN and DNS
54 Replies 6,332 Views

Which is the best free DNS server for blocking both malware and ads?

  • ControlD

    Votes: 10 25.6%
  • dnsforge.de

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Adguard

    Votes: 8 20.5%
  • NextDNS

    Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Mullvad DNS

    Votes: 2 5.1%

  • Total voters
    39
Absolutely, DNS servers are crucial for network security as they translate domain names to IP addresses, aiding in secure and efficient data routing.
 
ControlD is my favorite for a while; I have started to use NextDNS DoH just hours ago.
Both are great and I enjoyed using both. I occasionally get more false positives on Control D, but it's super easy to report false positives on their discord server.

The only reason why I switched is that I started buying local a lot more lately, supporting Canadian companies.
 
NextDNS. My config us adguard-free because I noticed that Google has blacklisted Adguard especially for YouTube traffic. Removing their lists from my blockers uncapped streaming speed on YouTube dramatically.
This isn't only happening with AdGuard. I noticed this happening without AdGuard filters as well. YouTube keeps trying methods to push you ads until all of them are tried; this is why videos load longer with ad blocker enabled. If your video doesn't start immediately, it only means YouTube wants to show you ads at the moment but it's unable to do so. This is why some videos start immediately, while others have a delay. Honestly, even delay is better than one minute unskippable ad at the start and every few minutes.

Btw AdGuard filters are EasyList filters with some additional AdGuard magic on top of it.
 
Last edited:

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top