Glary Utilities vs CCleaner vs Wise Cleaner?

Garzaman

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2017
Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

it's a very thorough cleaning app with many more features, maybe you don't need. Just try it
before cleaning, please read all the options because some of them might be too aggressive or might significantly slowdown the cleaning process (for example, delete prefetch or optimize winsxs, drive optimization = defrag)

DiskMax * Disk Cleanup and Windows Performance Optimization - Software - Koshy John

My FortiSandbox Appliance told this program to go away.. Not sure what to make of it, but I never ignore my sandbox. I did find him talking about possible FP's here but it still doesn't comfort me so I will take a pass.

Safe Software - Software - Koshy John

Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
My FortiSandbox Appliance told this program to go away.. Not sure what to make of it, but I never ignore my sandbox. I did find him talking about possible FP's here but it still doesn't comfort me so I will take a pass.

Safe Software - Software - Koshy John
I don't know but I have been using this app for so many years and I haven't seen any suspicious activities. Perhaps, it manipulates cmd and scripts to during the clean up process and it requires admin account so these make it a bit suspicious. For many years, none of the reputable AVs have detected it except some FPs
I think fortisandbox is prone to FPs sometimes. Similarly to ESET with PUP detection enabled, it almost wiped out most of my daily used programs

Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I don't know but I have been using this app for so many years and I haven't seen any suspicious activities. Perhaps, it manipulates cmd and scripts to during the clean up process and it requires admin account so these make it a bit suspicious. For many years, none of the reputable AVs have detected it except some FPs
I think fortisandbox is prone to FPs sometimes. Similarly to ESET with PUP detection enabled, it almost wiped out most of my daily used programs

FortiSandbox is not prone to FP's. It has a pre-screening system that takes a mere millisecond, but eliminates most of the FP's by examining specific parameters of a program. If those parameters aren't met the file is tossed into the sandbox for further evaluation - automatically.

In the last 12 months my FortiSandbox has evaluated 102,000 files. It's triggered approximately 4 alerts in that time. One was Ccleaner in June, which we know turns out to not be an FP. But when triggered I immediately purged Ccleaner/Agomo from my network, which turned out to be a good decision. It's triggered on Panda, but we know Panda has been up to funny business and riskware activities lately. I can't remember the other file, but more recently it triggered on Bullguard which I WILL accept as an FP. So 1 confirmed FP out of 102,000 files isn't anywhere near being prone to FP's. Especially for a complex, powerful, realtime sandbox evaluation appliance.

In the case of your cleaner, it surely could be my second FP in a year. Maybe, maybe not. But since it's a cleaner app I will go with trusting the sandbox since there are many alternative cleaners available. With that being said, I am sure the cleaner is just fine and works great! I will send it to our Fortinet lab for further evaluation and update accordingly.

Upvote 0

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
A little warning: Diskmax cleans automatically, it does not let you review files nor settings after a scan, it just cleans ASAP.
And above all, it requires internet connection in order to clean, that is lame and suspicious for sure. Use with caution or avoid.

Attachments

• capture_11292017_190257.jpg
    capture_11292017_190257.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 486
  • capture_11292017_191328.jpg
    capture_11292017_191328.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 439
Upvote 0

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Wise disk cleaner,privazer and Kerish Doctor are better than Glary ! I don't like their stuff! not good enough to remove trash from my windows!also the last time i used cc was 4 years ago!the free version has adware!
P.s thanks to Andy Ful, I have 3 years key for kerish doctor: D I love this software! the best for me!in my opinion, it's even better than Wise Care 365!

Upvote 0

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
I like Wise because it has a very clean and clear interface with an excellent level of cleaning, also I have never heard of it hurting the system.

Kerish Doctor is also a good option. Recently a new version came out with support for disk defragmentation (with ssd/hdd recognition)

But, of course, the smart Cookies cleaner is a very cool thing in CCleaner.

Upvote 0

amitkumargiri

Level 1
Mar 13, 2022
What are your thoughts about Glary Utilities vs CCleaner vs Wise Cleaner?

I use to be a fan of CCleaner, but I foresee things going sideways and I am thinking about jumping ship...Sadly....

Any help and insight would be much appreciated!

I use eusing cleaner it's free and awesome... better than the rest in all aspects , but UI is old fashioned. They ask for donations at first open screen that's what some may not like.....

Upvote 0

Slerion

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
Kerish is probably the safest and user friendliest.

Wise is a good stable and great Software which usually finds the most while staying safe.

Glary is hit and miss specially the reg cleaner often "cleans" more than it should sometimes resetting / confusing apps or windows.

CCleaner isnt anymore what it was :/

"System Ninja" is also good to find all sorts of trash files on your PC its from the CCenhancer makers.

Upvote 0

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
Kerish is probably the safest and user friendliest.

Wise is a good stable and great Software which usually finds the most while staying safe.

Glary is hit and miss specially the reg cleaner often "cleans" more than it should sometimes resetting / confusing apps or windows.

CCleaner isnt anymore what it was :/

"System Ninja" is also good to find all sorts of trash files on your PC its from the CCenhancer makers.
and what do you think about Advanced SystemCare PRO?

Upvote 0

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
My opinion is: none of them.
Im not a fan of 1 product that has everything. I want smaller individual products like eusing free registry cleaner, defraggler, auslogics (disk defrag, registry cleaner, registry defrag), quicksys regdefrag. Also you can forget all of that and use the windows build in tools :)
Indeed I totally agree with you. Microsoft clearly recommends not using a registry cleaner or Uninstaller or apps like CCleaner.
What is printed in Should You Use a Third-Party Uninstaller?
also applies to programs like CCleaner:

So, Should You Use One?​

In an ideal world, there’d be no need for a third-party uninstaller. However, Windows desktop software is so disorganized that there’s a good argument to be made for them in some situations.

First of all, if you’re an average user, skip the third-party uninstaller. We haven’t run one on all of our computers and haven’t run into much trouble when we didn’t use them. Standard uninstallers are generally good enough. A third-party uninstaller is just another system tool that adds needless complexity to your life for questionable benefits.

However, even average users may want to use dedicated removal tools when uninstalling notoriously problematic tools like Norton or McAfee. There’s a reason the developers provide official removal tools you can download — but you don’t need a third-party uninstaller. The official removal tool will likely work better.

If you’re a geek who’s constantly installing and uninstalling software, running a third-party uninstaller can help you prevent useless files from building up and programs from leaving useless libraries and other files behind. You do have to be constantly installing and uninstalling software for this to matter — typical users shouldn’t really notice a difference. Even hardcore geeks would be fine without third-party uninstallers in the vast majority of situations, and such geeks would likely know how to clean up any problems by hand. If any problems did occur, you could always install something like Revo later and use it to remove traces of a problematic program that you’ve already tried to uninstall the normal way.

Reactions: Rengar
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.