Advice Request Hardware Firewalls - Firewalla Blue Plus vs Ubiquiti UniFi Security Gateway

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
The thing I am uncertain about is my router doesn’t work with ARP spoofing so I have to use the Firewalla as a router and my WiFi router as an AP. I don’t have time for a project if their router mode is overly complicated.

Also I noticed a lot of people were upset by the fact that Firewalla suggests using UPnP for comparability. As long as the UPnP implementation is up to date, and of course not exposed to the WAN, UPnP is safe. The insecurity lies in the devices using UPnP to open up ports. But as long as your devices aren’t doing something malicious it’s a useful protocol. But, if you don’t need it turn it off.

My connection is quite slow, so I don’t really need 1Gbit speed. I also want to use my existing router, as it has a wider wifi coverage
This is good thinking. A lot of people look to buy the best just to have it, spending way more than they need. If for the foreseeable future you have a less than 600Mbps connection then this is the way to go. By the time you have a faster connection they will probably have a better model available.

Zartarra

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
Are they issues with customs and/or additional VAT you have to pay when ordening a Firewalla because it is send from the USA? I ordered several years ago some game merchandise and I had to pay additional VAT and customs. The extra bill was huge.

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Are they issues with customs and/or additional VAT you have to pay when ordening a Firewalla because it is send from the USA? I ordered several years ago some game merchandise and I had to pay additional VAT and customs. The extra bill was huge.
I personally only had to pay the shipping to germany which was 15$. :unsure:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.