HiBit Uninstaller Thread (changelogs and discussion)

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
@HiBitSoftware see this alert I got from Firewall (Norton)
hibit norton alert.png

Also is it possible to have some grey for custom colors? or ability to select a custom color based on a color pallet?

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
@HiBitSoftware see this alert I got from Firewall (Norton)
View attachment 246517
Also is it possible to have some grey for custom colors? or ability to select a custom color based on a color pallet?

I believe the author has already said that he doesn't have the resources to buy a digital signature, because of low value of his currency.

sepik

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
HiBit Uninstaller 2.5.35 (2020-09-25)

- Gray color and the ability to select the desired color for the program header added.
- "Windows 10 SlateGray" and "Cobalt XEMedia" themes added.
- Italian language updated.
- Many bugs fixed.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Ever since the changes were made internally a few releases a go, I continued to use HiBit Uninstaller, although I don't use it often, I still use it across my devices.

@HiBitSoftware really appreciate you receiving the feedback and suggestions and implementing whenever is possible.

I have one feedback:
In change logs, if you could specify the bugs fixed, this will allow the user better understanding and also transparency.

Thanks!

And yes I am using Grey Color on my main devices and a variation of purple on others.

HiBitUninstaller-Portable_lDnXbIwLR9.png

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
@HiBitSoftware you might want to look at the uptime values and configuration
I have only laptops and every day when im done with it I do a full shut down.

I noticed today after launching when I uninstalled Minecraft Dungeons (because im done with that game), that it showed uptime of 1 day.

HiBitUninstaller-Portable_f1cU2Fn5LA.png

Edit: forgot to mention: laptop is used without battery and plugged to wall socket. every night it is unplugged from socket.

Last edited:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
taking it with @HiBitSoftware via pm.

Fast startup is enabled by default

every night i shut down and unplug from wall socket, so if that is the cause of some uptime displaying a day, then technically i would have over a week at least.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I wold be interested to know, what this utility shows? :unsure:
would be the same as simply digging into Event Viewer.

TurnedOnTimesView uses the following events to determine the turn off/turn on times:
  • EventID 41 (Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power): The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
  • EventID 42 (Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power): The system is entering sleep
  • EventID 1 (Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter): The system has resumed from sleep.
  • EventID 1074 (USER32): The process xxx has initiated the xxx of computer xxx on behalf of user xxx for the following reason: xxx
  • EventID 6005 (EventLog): The Event log service was started.
  • EventID 6006 (EventLog): The Event log service was stopped.

Nevertheless, Hibit already confirmed no issues.
all good.

HiBitSoftware

Level 1
Sep 1, 2020
HiBit Uninstaller 2.5.40 released
Changelog:
  • German and Swedish languages were added.
  • Chinese language is updated.
  • Improved Installation monitoring function.
  • A bug was fixed in the leftovers search algorithm.
  • Two bugs were fixed in the registry cleaner.
  • Minor bugs fixes.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
@HiBitSoftware

A feature request: If possible please try to make the comments part editable?

Also a feedback that I've received from many users is that, they don't come to know about the full feature set of HiBit, because most of them are hidden under the Tools menu. It would be nice to see the features related to the uninstaller functionality as tabs/side panels on main window (i.e Force uninstall, Installation monitoring, Windows store apps manager, Program components manager, Windows update manager and Browser extension manager).

HiBitSoftware

Level 1
Sep 1, 2020
A feature request: If possible please try to make the comments part editable?
I added an edit option in the new version where you can edit program information like comments.

Also a feedback that I've received from many users is that, they don't come to know about the full feature set of HiBit, because most of them are hidden under the Tools menu. It would be nice to see the features related to the uninstaller functionality as tabs/side panels on main window (i.e Force uninstall, Installation monitoring, Windows store apps manager, Program components manager, Windows update manager and Browser extension manager).
I consider for future versions.

sepik

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
HiBit Uninstaller 2.5.60 (2020-11-02)
  • Added "Type" column that specifies whether the program is 64-bit or 32-bit.
  • Added "Edit Info" option on the main menu.
  • Improved Installation monitoring function.
  • Improved scheduler Task Manager performance.
  • GUI improvements and bug fixes.
Download

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.