HitmanPro Review (Chromatinfish's Choice)

Product name
HitmanPro
Pros
  • -Outstanding Detection
    -Not-Too-Bad Performance Impact
    -Virus Total
CONS
-Only 30 day trial
BOTTOM LINE
HitmanPro is an excellent second-option scanner. Due to the lack of real-time, the score needs to be altered a little bit, though.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Note: Due to the lack of HitmanPro tests, I am using the results of my own test around 3 months earlier, so the score may be altered.

I was surprised that nobody has tested/reviewed HitmanPro yet, I am probably one of the first at MT.

User Interface (5 points)
Hitman "hitmaned" the UI here. It's simplified so even a beginner can use it! Just click Next 'n go! Settings are wholesome, however, for experienced users. Simplified, yet wholesome... Full marks!
UI: 5 out of 5

(Protection/Prevention is omitted due to Hitman being a second-option)

Detection/Cleanup (8 points)
Hitman is very good at this, It scans entire 320GB full HDD in 10 minutes, yet gets almost everything! The new versions use BitDefender and Kaspersky engines while the older ones use IKARUS, Emsisoft, GData, and Bitdefender engines. Now it's improved false positive by making the switch. All PUPs detected too.
8 out of 8 points

(Performance omitted due to Hitman being a second-option)

Total Points Possible: 13 points
Total Points Earned: 13 points
*Chromatinfish's Choice*

Dismal: 0-2 points
Poor: 3-5 points
Fair: 6-8 points
Good: 9-10 points
Very Good: 11-12 points
Chromatinfish's Choice: 13 points

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
It's a excellent program.
I don't know how it scans so fast ( may be checks only the file signatures, not sure though). Also it has very very high detection rate.

Welldone

Level 5
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
I don't know how it scans so fast
Currently it is not possible to scan a subfolder of a folder, unless you manually select that subfolder to be scanned via Windows Explorer. Also, for the same reason, you cannot scan an entire partition other than the Windows system disk.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.