How Paranoid Are You ?

How Paranoid Are You ?

• Ultra-Paranaoid - I feel no security\privacy protections can ever be sufficient

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Very Paranoid - I often worry that my security\privacy protections are insufficient

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Paranoid - I have occasional concerns and doubts about security\privacy protections

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Not Paranoid - I have little concern; my protections are sufficient

Votes: 37 39.8%
  • Confident - I am in control of my security & privacy

Votes: 10 10.8%

• Total voters
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
Paranoia is driven by fear and that fear is caused by not knowing - thinking you are being hacked or compromised in unknown, hidden ways because you lack understanding.
You are right about some emotionally attached to their security products and that can be seen by replies. It's hard to admit and one want to argue and defend their opinion why they think they are right and you are not. You are too deep.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
You are right about some emotionally attached to their security products and that can be seen by replies. It's hard to admit and one want to argue and defend their opinion why they think they are right and you are not. You are too deep.
But, this is not 'Paranoia' but clearly the 'Delusional disorder'.:unsure:

Reactions: Black Wings
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
But, this is not 'Paranoia' but clearly the 'Delusional disorder'.:unsure:
Yeah, and that can be seen here from time to time, he is usually oponiated by others and some get offended. He gets misinterpeted by what hes actually saying, and same for other very well english speaking users here. I just quoted that one because to me hes explaining 'Paranoia' definition the best what's actually been happening here in MalwareTips.

For example, in my language 'Paranoia' means fear and obsession, and I could easily think or asign my own meaning of that word, which would change my viewpoint of this discussion, but then it wouldn't be accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Symptoms of 'Delusional' thinking:
  1. My AV is better than yours, because it scored better in the AV Lab test in September.
  2. The AV Lab test is not reliable because your AV scored better than mine (I know that my AV is better).
  3. The AV is just for me, because it scores best in AV tests.
  4. I have the good AV, so I do not have to think.
  5. I installed the security app 'X' over 5 other security progs and from this moment the system does not work well. The security app 'X' is surely buggy.
  6. I installed and uninstalled many apps (no issues). Finally, I installed the 'Y' prog and from that moment system is laggy. The 'Y' prog is surely buggy.
  7. It does not hurt to have 2 (or more) security applications that can do pretty much the same.
  8. You do not understand my point. Are you stupid?
  9. ...
:notworthy:(y)

Post edited.

Last edited:

Thread author
  1. My AV is better than yours, because it scored better in the AV Lab test in September.
  2. The AV Lab test is not reliable because your AV scored better than mine (I know my AV is better).
  3. I installed the security app 'X' over 5 other security progs and from this moment the system does not work well. The security app 'X' is surely buggy.
  4. I installed and uninstalled many apps (not issues). Finally, I installed the 'Y' prog and from that moment system is laggy. The 'Y' prog is surely buggy.
  5. You do not understand my point. Are you stupid?
  6. ...

It happens all over the internet. Go to Reddit. People there fight bitterly over what kind of cat is best cat ! Really ? I never knew a cat to do anything except for me to feed it and otherwise not be bothered with annoying humans. And X type cat is best cat ? debate is really enough to want to beat another human being ? I mean, you can tell that if the two people arguing back and forth online were in a room together, there would be blood. Same thing happens in crypto subreddits. And it happens on security soft subreddits.

People are bonkerz.

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
It happens all over the internet. Go to Reddit. People there fight bitterly over what kind of cat is best cat ! Really ? I mean, you can tell that if the two people arguing back and forth online were in a room together, there would be blood. Same thing happens in crypto subreddits. And it happens on security soft subreddits.

People are bonkerz.
You think bunkers casue you sit on sec-forum and other if you would work in service or shop you will see it from 2nd point as me :)

I mostly see peoples which dont use any kind software If i say "i use HIPS and Sandbox" than they open eye "What is that" :D
And mostly avast/avg instaled casue is offen added to other soft downloader/installer and other PUP apps

About piracy(game/soft even system- mostly system) and other ... data on thier disk i will dont even start discusion ^^

Thread author
You think bunkers casue you sit on sec-forum and other if you would work in service or shop you will see it from 2nd point as me :)

I mostly see peoples which dont use any kind software If i say "i use HIPS and Sandbox" than they open eye "What is that" :D
And mostly avast/avg instaled casue is offen added to other soft downloader/installer and other PUP apps

About piracy(game/soft even system- mostly system) and other ... data on thier disk i will dont even start discusion ^^

Someone once place emergency service call for me to come to their house and plug their PC into electrical outlet.

They could not figure out what was wrong for a week.

Power chord and outlet were hidden behind the desk pushed up against the wall.

I know exactly what you are talking about. It has reached the point where I never discuss IT security unless the person asks or brings it up first.

Thread author
:X3::X3::X3::X3::X3:

When I try to start something with an engine, and it won't start... I first check if it has fuel.

PC won't turn ON ? Is it plugged into the electrical outlet ?

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
About sec setup for me System SRP + other(optional SRP tool like syshardener)
HIPS/Firewall + Sandbox + scanner o/d is far enought to make light and complex secure system

The most fast and light setup which i use and discovered is:
SpyShelterFW + Sandboxie/SD + Zemana or SAP(sap engines disabled in real time)

2nd i would go will be ReHIPS + Zemana and some firewall i guess will go Windows Firewall Control

The most stiupid think in paranoid user is using 2 behavior blocker instead of pick solid HIPS, like someone day ago posted pool with that question..
And i was forced blamed about 7 layers of security user becasue i ofered HIPS+Sandbox and drop 2 behavior blocker chocie.... Meh xDDDD
While 3 layers for me are important (HIPS /Firewall / Sandbox as real time solution) ant and On-Demand multi av is not calc casue you use it meaby 1 time on week to scan thats all.

Any way i posted link to my video which prove reaction system with my configure time which work like real time action to click.....

Thread author
About sec setup for me System SRP + other(optional SRP tool like syshardener)
HIPS/Firewall + Sandbox + scanner o/d is far enought to make light and complex secure system

The most fast and light setup which i use and discovered is:
SpyShelterFW + Sandboxie/SD + Zemana or SAP(sap engines disabled in real time)

2nd i would go will be ReHIPS + Zemana and some firewall i guess will go Windows Firewall Control

The most stiupid think in paranoid user is using 2 behavior blocker instead of pick solid HIPS, like someone day ago posted pool with that question..
And i was forced blamed about 7 layers of security user becasue i ofered HIPS+Sandbox and drop 2 behavior blocker chocie.... Meh xDDDD
While 3 layers for me are important (HIPS /Firewall / Sandbox as real time solution) ant and On-Demand multi av is not calc casue you use it meaby 1 time on week to scan thats all.

Any way i posted link to my video which prove reaction system with my configure time which work like real time action to click.....

Me, you and @ichito are the only ones who use SpyShelter Firewall on MT.

Rasheed over at Wilders uses it too.

That's 4 users. Maybe there are 10 or so more "lurkers" on the forums that use SpyShelter Firewall.

In the right hands, SpyShelter Firewall is more than enough because the person sitting in front of the system is providing the security. The soft is merely providing that person infos that they must act upon.

Most everyone else wants and expects a security soft to either tell them what to do or to do it for them. Then when the soft fails to protect in some yahoo Youtube tester video, they get upset.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
But aren't humans made to have 'Paranoia' in todays life? As an individual you need morals, ethical principles, obeying your whatever country/teritory rules you have there to be a good citizen. So then I am paranoid as well, when I sometimes need to shout at my kid when he doesn't want to brush hes teeth because I am aware of consequences? Aren't people paranoid to not arive in job at a time because then they might end up losing it?

Thread author
But aren't humans made to have 'Paranoia' in todays life? As an individual you need morals, ethical principles, obeying your whatever country/teritory rules you have there to be a good citizen. So then I am paranoid as well, when I sometimes need to shout at my kid when he doesn't want to brush hes teeth because I am aware of consequences? Aren't people paranoid to not arive in job at a time because then they might end up losing it?

You are describing a responsible person. A person who does the right thing because they are decent. I don't think it takes paranoia to do the right thing.

Reactions: Black Wings

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Yea for me its does a lot more than other HIPS which i could use whole live its even kick oldschool Online Armor & Outpost Firewall

Just take look how advanced and additional rules you can set from up for process

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
You are describing a responsible person. A person who does the right thing because they are decent. I don't think it takes paranoia to do the right thing.
Well said as i siad before i dont see point to call a person as paranoid who have little more or a lot more experience/knowlage and know even system with local user and thier SRP function still lack of security and need 3rd software to cover rest empty wholes...

and Microsoft instand of fix them just add other pup software which just give more risk to get other way for obiant infection... and create issues which never exist in older systems.... and after manual update restart system settings because he know better how configure your system should be... so why he dont creat local acc during install system if he know better than user... like linux require

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I like HIPS on the locked system (no new applications, no system updates). It is like a beautiful pool with the steady water. If the water is not steady, then you suddenly realize how muddy it can be. :giggle:

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Let's see the term. The paranoid is a disease, like the one he had. Don Quijote de la Mancha, Another thing in a humorous way is to say he is paranoid because you like to try to investigate according to your abilities, which is not bad at all

Last edited:

Black Wings

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 20, 2018
  2. The AV Lab test is not reliable because your AV scored better than mine (I know that my AV is better).
  5. I installed the security app 'X' over 5 other security progs and from this moment the system does not work well. The security app 'X' is surely buggy.
  6. I installed and uninstalled many apps (no issues). Finally, I installed the 'Y' prog and from that moment system is laggy. The 'Y' prog is surely buggy.
  7. It does not hurt to have 2 (or more) security applications that can do pretty much the same.
  9. ...

Post edited.
Amen to that!

Thread author
The simple fact of the matter is that there are a lot of people on the forums that do stuff based upon emotions instead of knowledge and understanding - whether they want to admit it or not.

All of us who have been on the forums for a long time know this. And how do I know that ? Because there was a time when I did some of the very same stupid stuff because I was up in my own head and didn't know. It's nothing to be ashamed of. You live. You learn.

9. ...

Post edited.

Cap.PNG

ROFL

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.