Question How to permentally allow cmd line for specific program in voodooshield?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
So VS keeps popping up blocks to command line execution each time check point harmony wants to synch with the server. This thus prevents harmony from operating as designed if I were to step away from the pc.
fwiw, I had hard time running VS/CL with DeepInstinct even though they had mutual exclusions there was blockage that seemed to be very deep and cause not easily spotted. I had to stop running VS with DeepInstinct AND I suspect you might have same type issue with Harmony as both are enterprise with management console in the cloud. I do not run VS with Harmony or Di. I have used VS for many years, but now not with enterprise AVs.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
So VS keeps popping up blocks to command line execution each time check point harmony wants to synch with the server. This thus prevents harmony from operating as designed if I were to step away from the pc.
To allow command line execution for a specific program in VoodooShield, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the VoodooShield program.
2. Go to the "User Defined Rules" section.
3. Click on "Add Rule" or "Create New Rule" option.
4. In the rule creation window, select the program you want to allow command line access for. You can browse and locate the program's executable file (.exe).
5. Once you have selected the program, choose the "Allow" option for Command Line Execution.
6. Save the rule.

By adding this rule, VoodooShield will allow the specified program to run without blocking its command line execution. This should resolve the issue you are experiencing with Check Point Harmony's server synchronization.

Please note that allowing command line execution for a program carries some security risks. Ensure that you only create such rules for trusted programs.

Reactions: cartaphilus

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Please see this post, thank you!

Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.