Advice Request Installed SpyShelter and now Firefox won't open?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

brettw

Thread author
Nov 17, 2017
Hi everyone :)

Just playing around with the demo version of this software. The only problem I'm seeing is that Mozilla Firefox will not open at all, even when it's manually entered into the exclude list (via explorer context menu).

I'm running it on a Windows 10 machine, x64, 1909.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Last edited:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Have you tried this:
– Go to Keystroke Encryption > Advanced > Switch to Better compatibility mode and restart your PC. This setting applies to Keystroke Encryption feature only and it will not have any effect on other modules.
– Some security applications are offering browser extensions which are supposed to improve their security. Go to SpyShelter Rules tab, hit the ‘Exclude folder’ button, navigate to your browser installation folder and choose ‘exclude existing files and any future files in this folder’ option.
– If methods above did not help you, contact us using our

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Just playing around with the demo version of this software. The only problem I'm seeing is that Mozilla Firefox will not open at all, even when it's manually entered into the exclude list (via explorer context menu).

Can anyone help?

Cheers
What are your others software like Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware installed on your system?

Similar issues happens at first by starting Firefox as "Restricted App" by Spyshelter.

You should taking screenshots from settings of Spyshelter like my examples below:

SS#1.pngSS#2.png

Last edited:

cibin

Level 1
Verified
Jun 23, 2015

Can anyone help?

Cheers

i tried but at last i want to install all program both

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Hmmm...I don't know but you can enable option "Decrease self-defense to improve compatibility..." on tab Settings/ Security. You will find it on the bottom of window just above Screen Phantom enabling.
Maybe you would try to switch protection level to "Auto allow - medium security level"(?)
Could you show on screenshot your Firefox rules?
BTW...did you create/change some settings/options? And next thing - according to changelog build 1909/19H2 is actualy supported since v. 11.9 but it was initialy support only. I don't know is it fully supported because there is no info about it and we can find a lot of info how big issues such Win10 build can cause.

brettw

Thread author
Nov 17, 2017
What are your others software like Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware installed on your system?

Hi. I have KIS and Malwarebytes also installed. Firefox is not setup as a restricted app.

BTW...did you create/change some settings/options?

Didn't change a thing. Firefox (tried the folder and the executable) is added to the exclude list for all actions.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Your MalwareBytes is Free or Premium? if Premium + KIS You should disable anti-ransomware protection in MBW...

If KIS installed, why are You then trying also SpyShelter FireWall or Premium or Anti-Logger? :unsure:

Added: this is clearly overkill config...

Last edited:

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Your MalwareBytes is Free or Premium? if Premium + KIS You should disable anti-ransomware protection in MBW...

If KIS installed, why are You then trying also SpyShelter FireWall or Premium or Anti-Logger? :unsure:

Added: this is clearly overkill config...
I am thinking about KFC / spyshelter free combo but still think about conflict free configuration , effective and light at the same type

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.