JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
I cannot run IE 11 , I can only access to Google home page.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
None
Hello
I cannot run IE 11 , I can only access to Google home page.
Can you help me ? :eek:
IE1.PNG

IE2.PNG

IE3.PNG

I

illumination

Have you run a sfc /scannow via cmd with admin?

Open Command Prompt with Administrator and type: sfc /scannow

Let it run, if issues found/fix restart the system when done. If this fails, try a DISM scan via command, it will require a restart as well.

Open Command Prompt with Administrator and type: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Restore points are nothing but band aids and generally do not fix many issues.

An image works. Have not used sys restore in ages.
In the past when I had issues with IE, I would open control panel and select programs, then select turn windows features on or off. Then untick IE11. Then reboot. now go back and tick it again and it will reinstall IE11.

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@JB007 Why are you using Internet Explorer 11?

In the past when I had issues with IE, I would open control panel and select programs, then select turn windows features on or off. Then untick IE11. Then reboot. now go back and tick it again and it will reinstall IE11.
They changed it on Windows 10, IE is no longer listed there.

Instead:
  • Windows Settings > Apps > Manage Optional Features > Scroll down to Internet Explorer > Uninstall.
  • Reboot PC.
  • Windows Settings > Apps > Manage Optional Features > Add Feature > Scroll down to Internet Explorer > Install

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Have you run a sfc /scannow via cmd with admin?

Open Command Prompt with Administrator and type: sfc /scannow

Let it run, if issues found/fix restart the system when done. If this fails, try a DISM scan via command, it will require a restart as well.

Open Command Prompt with Administrator and type: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Thanks @illumination , I try your command but without success:
IE3.PNG
IE4.PNG

Did you try system restore ?

Thanks @gin , I also try to restore but i got an error message at the end.

Thanks @ticklemefeet , done and no result :(

@JB007 Why are you using Internet Explorer 11?

They changed it on Windows 10, IE is no longer listed there.

Instead:
  • Windows Settings > Apps > Manage Optional Features > Scroll down to Internet Explorer > Uninstall.
  • Reboot PC.
  • Windows Settings > Apps > Manage Optional Features > Add Feature > Scroll down to Internet Explorer > Install
Thanks @Spawn , done without success:(
I do not use IE11, but yesterday I clicked on it ;)
I'm using 95% Chrome and 5% Firefox.
Today I try to launch Edge and Edge did not launch :(
IE5.PNG
IE6.PNG

Reactions: vtqhtr413
Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
I have a question. Why are you using Internet Explorer on Windows 10?

Hello @SumTingWong , as you can see on my answer to @Spawn (post #10), it was only by carelessness:sleep:
I'm using 95% Chrome and 5% Firefox.
Now I have tried to launch Edge and it is also broken:(
Despite their uselessness I prefer that all my software work properly;)

Upvote 0
I

illumination

@JB007 It sounds as you have some corruption taking place. I would personally either run the same commands via a bootable windows 10 "media creation tool" or i would utilize an external source to back up what i need too and use that same copy of the media tool to wipe and reinstall windows 10 cleanly.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.