Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

iOS 14.8 and iPadOS 14.8​

Released September 13, 2021

CoreGraphics
Available for: iPhone 6s and later, iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air 2 and later, iPad 5th generation and later, iPad mini 4 and later, and iPod touch (7th generation)
Impact: Processing a maliciously crafted PDF may lead to arbitrary code execution. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.
Description: An integer overflow was addressed with improved input validation.
CVE-2021-30860: The Citizen Lab

WebKit
Available for: iPhone 6s and later, iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air 2 and later, iPad 5th generation and later, iPad mini 4 and later, and iPod touch (7th generation)
Impact: Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to arbitrary code execution. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.
Description: A use after free issue was addressed with improved memory management.
CVE-2021-30858: an anonymous researcher

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Yes that's a fact. Anyway, which OS are you comparing against? GrapheneOS/hardened AOSP or something else?
Any OS, as I said it's 'relatively secure'. I wouldn't go comparing a large commercial OS to a specifically bespoke and esoteric OS directly. They are different use cases, and we all know it's clear which one is more secure and which one offers more ease of use combined with functionality.

Reactions: Vasudev and JB007

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
Interesting. I got the latest beta/release candidate. For some reason it tripped Cylance warning me that there was a sideloaded app that did MITM attack. So I deleted the Beta Software profile certificate, rebooted and the notification disappeared. I was always suspicious that Apple might be using that Beta certificate to funnel things out of your phone without going through your regular network channels like a VPN...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.