Advice Request Is Advanced SystemCare Safe when im only using the CleanUp Tools?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi Brothers

Level 2
Verified
Apr 19, 2018
it has cons, too many megas of installation, many junk executables and dll files that are not necessary at their folder,
too takes grandadminstrator rights by doing bypass in uac, install boot drivers, creates services and unnecessary automatic tasks, requires internet connection, & leave many backup traces at sentitive folders:
c:\windows\system32\config\******.iobit
C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\*****.iobit
C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\****.iobit
C:\Users\youruser\ntuser.
I think it's oil instead of water in the veins of windows.
ASC from IOBit for me is crapware because he cause too much troubles and problems than fixing them, i preffer use System Mechanic Free with free 6 months of giveaway's cuz System Mechanic is much better than ASC.
ASC is piece of junk, i used more System Mechanic and i feel better changes on my PC.

That's all true, Advanced System Care feels like installing an entire AV on your computer in terms of what it installs, a lot of unneeded and useless files and stuff

In 2018, with windows 10 especially, you don't need the so called "tune-up" utilities/programs. Windows' automatic maintenance (enable it from Control Panel > System and Security > Security and Maintenance) automatically defragments the hard disks, scans their health and checks if it's possible they have errors. You can do that manually by right clicking a drive, properties and then tools, you can defragment and check your drives for errors from there. You can use windows' in built disk cleanup to clean for junk files, press Win + R to open Run and type cleanmgr.
Those turbo boosts and RAM boosters do nothing but close/suppress processes to free up more memory and cpu, if your computer's hardware is any decent you don't need them at all. Windows 10's registry does not need to be defragmented

When it comes to other tools you may want, such as an uninstaller or checking startup items, there are programs that are specifically made for that, like Revo Uninstaller or Autoruns respectively. There's no reason to have a cleaning suite. You may want a registry cleaner though, it won't speed up your pc (well not more than like 0.001%) but it may fix some errors with old registry keys stuck for future installations of the same program, or maybe to reset trial software by deleting its remaining registry keys, the ones which your uninstaller might have missed. I've never had problems with cleaning my registry with different registry cleaner software, people say there's a higher chance for that to cause errors rather than fix them, in my experience it's all good, you should always have backups though, just in case

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
That's all true, Advanced System Care feels like installing an entire AV on your computer in terms of what it installs, a lot of unneeded and useless files and stuff

In 2018, with windows 10 especially, you don't need the so called "tune-up" utilities/programs. Windows' automatic maintenance (enable it from Control Panel > System and Security > Security and Maintenance) automatically defragments the hard disks, scans their health and checks if it's possible they have errors. You can do that manually by right clicking a drive, properties and then tools, you can defragment and check your drives for errors from there. You can use windows' in built disk cleanup to clean for junk files, press Win + R to open Run and type cleanmgr.
Those turbo boosts and RAM boosters do nothing but close/suppress processes to free up more memory and cpu, if your computer's hardware is any decent you don't need them at all. Windows 10's registry does not need to be defragmented

When it comes to other tools you may want, such as an uninstaller or checking startup items, there are programs that are specifically made for that, like Revo Uninstaller or Autoruns respectively. There's no reason to have a cleaning suite. You may want a registry cleaner though, it won't speed up your pc (well not more than like 0.001%) but it may fix some errors with old registry keys stuck for future installations of the same program, or maybe to reset trial software by deleting its remaining registry keys, the ones which your uninstaller might have missed. I've never had problems with cleaning my registry with different registry cleaner software, people say there's a higher chance for that to cause errors rather than fix them, in my experience it's all good, you should always have backups though, just in case
At the Moment I have Wise Disk Cleaner and Perfect Disk on my PC

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I would strongly advise against that particular piece of software,
it broke my system and I had to reinstall Windows:mad:
It's safe to use now. A few years ago, its registry cleaner had issues with false positives. However, I got IObit to fix the issues with the registry cleaner and it is very safe to use now. I would advise against using deep scan in the registry cleaner. However, deep scan is only available in the Pro version and is disabled by default.

The registry cleaner in Wise Care/Wise Registry Cleaner, has minor issues with false positives, which means that it can sometimes delete needed registry keys. However, it shouldn't delete anything critical, which will lead to serious issues.

F

ForgottenSeer 67480

ASC for me is a just another piece of trash and useless with crapware functions which doing nothing after using them, last time when i tried fix WMP, ASC not fixed him and only caused another troubles, i preffer to stay away from ASC and use better Kerish Doctor or find good time to pick 6 months or 1 year license on System Mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.