Advice Request Is ESET Endpoint AV and ZoneAlarm Firewall Pro compatible?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Unfortunately, there's not a firewall in ESET Endpoint Antivirus
I guess it depends what you want the firewall for. If it's for incoming connections Windows firewall is fine. To control outgoing connections zonealarm will work. Comodo firewall is also an option, and there are some very helpful threads here on that.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I googled and this came up saying Zonealarm pro firewall is only compatible with Windows Defender(not sure of date but here is link)
If you scroll down at this link it says...
Compatibility Requirements
ZoneAlarm is only compatible with MS Windows Defender, and is not compatible with any other antimalware software.

Kermit80

Level 1
Mar 29, 2020
I guess it depends what you want the firewall for. If it's for incoming connections Windows firewall is fine. To control outgoing connections zonealarm will work. Comodo firewall is also an option, and there are some very helpful threads here on that.

I also believe that Windows Defender Firewall would suffice. I would be more concerned about strengthening script-based malware protection by installing an application like OSArmor or possibly applying hips rules as suggested by ESET:

[KB6119] Configure HIPS rules for ESET business products to protect against ransomware

Last edited:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I also believe that Windows Defender Firewall would suffice. I would be more concerned about strengthening script-based malware protection by installing an application like OSArmor or possibly applying hips rules as suggested by ESET:

[KB6119] Configure HIPS rules for ESET business products to protect against ransomware
In fact if you are looking for firewall hardening syshardener can help harden windows firewall for you, as well as @Andy Ful ’s firewallhardening tool.

Last edited:

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
No just no choice one product .
Basic windows firewall can be good enough more important is a dedicated appliance I recommend an old PC and a 5usd pci e Ethernet
Adapter as Hardware for home usage and zeek as a nice IDS
And suricata as a nice high performance IPS.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.