• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheSuperGeek

Thread author
Hello,
I heard a lots of things about Qihoo 360 and I'm not shure if I trust their product or not....
Canb somone tell me if qihoo don't sell my personal data or minning bitcoin in my back ?
Thx !
TSgeek

Reactions: Piteko21

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
I 'm not very fan of their privacy policy.
there are people who do not like it just because it is a Chinese product and therefore suspect . others do not trust free products.
well, all products collect user data, the important thing is knowing what to do with them and how protect them.
Qihoo privacy policy: http://www.360totalsecurity.com/pt/privacy/
it's better if you read and extract your opinion about the product.

if a person wants 100 % privacy is best not to use the intenet or social networks.
one thing puzzles me - until the avast has a free product and can be better than many paid, how they make money?
many people use the free version of their products ... some data collection should be.
this question seems a novel...

Reactions: Nightwalker

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Personally I think all users are subjected to have their data sold to other companies regardless of what they say. They are a free solution and have absolutely no way of making money other than ads and selling data. Since they barely have any ads about themselves, they have to rely on selling the data they gathered so they can continue their service. Not only are these paying for the income of the tech people who work at 360, it is also paying for the servers they use to run the cloud scanning and stuff. Not only that they have bitdefender and avira engines which they have to licence, which also cost a lot of money.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Very similar in depth thread discussion: Is Qihoo Safe? Season 1 discussion

To make it clarified as possible, the program is totally safe but its your decision if willing to accept their privacy policy.

Qihoo's benefits: Multi AV engines (Bitdefender + Avira both signatures) + QVM + Cloud
Downside: FP's rates from their QVM as some users stated.

Now the controversy happened before should not dramatically affect the performance of the AV but again there's nothing to lost if you install Qihoo though. Yes its made from China but not literal what we call 'substandard'.

Reactions: yigido

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
one thing stay quite clearly: I like Qihoo products. they protect well the system, the company is always receptive to improve their products. I personally use 360 TS on a desktop. What bothers me is their privacy policy, should improve that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
"I don't like their privacy policy" umm..OK, that's vague. What about it and, specifically, how is it different than anyone else's privacy policy? (Google, Microsoft, Avast, Amazon, your bank, etc.)

Reactions: Šovelén

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
which makes me fear is that the company is often cited as a fraud and constantly stand to be criticized . We read many articles that classified Qihoo as a non- credible company.
I do not care if the Chinese or the Russians have my personal data.
but as a company little known in the West, they were to show that its policies are credible and secure.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
the company is often cited as a fraud
Oh? Specifically like...? What did Qihoo actually do that was fraudulent? (not what the rumours are)

"little known in the west" is only a testament to the west's ignorance and nothing else

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
Oh? Specifically like...? What did Qihoo actually do that was fraudulent? (not what the rumours are)

"little known in the west" is only a testament to the west's ignorance and nothing else
http://www.ibtimes.com/privacy-issu...des-free-antivirus-software-are-becoming-more
please, read.
articles like these, made many users fear use Qihoo products.
I'm not saying that Qihoo committed any fraud . only news that these appear very often accusing the company and this raises many doubts and questions in Western users.
each person must decide whether to trust and use their products.

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
LOL, so many links... Google is teh Eviler champion:D:D
I use Qihoo products, on my old desktop and tablet. but rumours of fraud or others are a bad thing to business...

Reactions: Šovelén

thepierrezou

Level 8
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
Yeah the detection is good, but false positives are just horrible xD
We can't compare them but eset for example got a better detection and less false positives.
With PUP qihoo can't protect the pc, and with a new malware the proactive protection is not so good.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
I vote for No.:)
But sorry I cannot say too much about that.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.