Advice Request Kaspersky doesn't import settings

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

nicos181987

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 25, 2021
Hi,

Kaspersky doesn't import my settings as instructed. When I go to "Import settings", I choose the .cfg file and then, at the end of the process my settings aren't imported; My version of Kaspersky is 21.6

This happens both on Windows 11 21H1 and 22H2.

The only thing that I did in the meantime was to switch from Windows 11 Pro to Home; before that I didn't have problems with the settings export/import.

I hope that this is not the problem, is it?

Reactions: M4RT1NE2

nicos181987

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 25, 2021
So, You just Exported to cfg, changed the operating system, reinstalled K. Plus and Imported the cfg file?

Let me some time to test with my K.Plus in laptop (running in W11 Pro x64), avoiding the step of changing OS of course hehe...
Yes, exactly. The strange thing in this is that I don't receive any error message. It just doesn't apply my previous configuration.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I just checked in my system. I have a lot of tweaks in almost ALL THE MODULES, also added 3 URLs in Anti-Banner exclusions.

I exported the .cfg to Desktop, ran a product reset, I confirmed all my tweaks were removed and all the product settings went back to defaults.

Then Imported the .cfg from Desktop, and no issues here: all my tweaks are back, even Anti-Banner URLs exclusions.

nicos181987

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 25, 2021
I just checked in my system. I have a lot of tweaks in almost ALL THE MODULES, also added 3 URLs in Anti-Banner exclusions.

I exported the .cfg to Desktop, ran a product reset, I confirmed all my tweaks were removed and all the product settings went back to defaults.

Then Imported the .cfg from Desktop, and no issues here: all my tweaks are back, even Anti-Banner URLs exclusions.
I really don't know what's the problem is in my case. Maybe I will try with the Kaspersky support.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.