Kaspersky Free 2018 Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

l0rdraiden

Level 3
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
That's the NSA Tactical Center for Industry Collaboration (ComINT) DDNS for MS Telemetry Sharing with the NSA according to many, so yeah, I want to block that. Other than licensing check and updates, nothing is bleeding from my Win10 machines. I pointed my SIEM to a Win10 machine and left it for a month and categorized everything for blocking. Not saying it's 100%, but there ain't much Microsoft leakage from my network.

Anyway, I have a SIEM pointed to KAF right now. So let's see what's up with it. =D
What SIEM are you using? From where do you take the KAS log? From the firewall?

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
I realy think if we not are paranoid. One time i worte a review of windows defender and i conclude we dont need "Security gadgets", another time i talk whith emsisoft guys and see we dont need too much bload software.
1.- Antivirus signature= Ineed It
2.- Cloud bases= I need it.
3.- Antipishing= Cuestionable we have smart screen and google antipishing.
4.- Firewall two ways= I dont understand much.
5.- Behavior shield= We have Smart screen and UAC and they are more developed than another behavior shield
6.- Antirasom= I am noticed windows can lock folders to prevent rasomware for example user document folders
7 Antiexe= I think we dont need, because we dont click every file we see.
8 Sandbox= I always use my credit cart to buy and never see something extrange, i use autorized and recognized stores.

¿Really we need an "anti all software?

Oh thanks for the config to comodo firewall but i dont feel ok whith that "Advice" i hope kasper team remove it

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I realy think if we not are paranoid. One time i worte a review of windows defender and i conclude we dont need "Security gadgets", another time i talk whith emsisoft guys and see we dont need too much bload software.
1.- Antivirus signature= Ineed It
2.- Cloud bases= I need it.
3.- Antipishing= Cuestionable we have smart screen and google antipishing.
4.- Firewall two ways= I dont understand much.
5.- Behavior shield= We have Smart screen and UAC and they are more developed than another behavior shield
6.- Antirasom= I am noticed windows can lock folders to prevent rasomware for example user document folders
7 Antiexe= I think we dont need, because we dont click every file we see.
8 Sandbox= I always use my credit cart to buy and never see something extrange, i use autorized and recognized stores.
¿Really we need an "anti all software?
Oh thanks for the config to comodo firewall but i dont feel ok whith that "Advice" i hope kasper team remove it
1. Cool
2. Cool
3. Antiphishing is mainly needed for those not aware about phishing and reverse social engineering attacks, and for protecting the careless users too
4. You can google it. It is a sophisticated way of tackling advanced attacks, rarely you'll face. However, the use of them depends on the individual/organization's needs
5. SmartScreen and UAC are not Behavior Monitors in their lowest bit. SS warns about unknown (including good and bad) files from the web (and Win Store in Win10) while UAC alerts about programs asking for elevation rights. These apply to good and bad files and do not cover every vector of executions of malicious file attacks.
6. the custom folders protection against RW - feature is coming. However, RW are ever-evolving with direct attack mode, hideous modes, screenlockers etc. and continuously engineered anti-ransomware solutions are needed for most users
7. you might click on a safe looking file that can download malicious executables/run hazardous commandlines/scripts without you noticing and your AV may or may not intercept the attack. An Anti-exe ensures that nothing, I repeat, nothing runs without your permission. Some files might run on your system out of the blue, there are different ways of malware infections using different tricks.
8. sandboxes are more than that, or probably not exactly for what you said. Evaluate unknown programs, auto-contain such risky files while allowing known safe files etc.

Ultimately, the combinatory needs of security layers depends on the habits of the user, the value of data on his/her system and his abilities.

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
After using this for a few days straight now I have noticed a few things I don't quite agree with but they're not game changing either (and it could just be my
settings but I've looked and couldn't find anything)

But infected archives and items classified as riskware or PUP or not-a-virus are not auto-removed Kaspersky notifies me in the
main interface and lets me decide.

Reactions: brambedkar59
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

But infected archives and items classified as riskware or PUP or not-a-virus are not auto-removed Kaspersky notifies me in the
main interface and lets me decide.

I noticed this as well. What's up with that? I want a setting to just pull the junk off, not notify and allow me to pull it. This is the only negative I have seen so far and seems to apply to only low-risk not-malware situations.

man791

Level 1
Aug 11, 2016
Version already available for AV / IS / TS in
Spanish, French, mexiquain, usa?
The proof in image french version activated 365 days

AV - https://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/antivirus

IS - https://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/internet-security

TS - https://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/total-security

kis_2018_usa_fr.jpg.91940901c567b896455fc7faadcc94da.jpg

:)

7r7j.png

source:https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/373938-sujet-fusionné-kaspersky-2018/#comment-2720146

Reactions: mekelek

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi i am a compulsive maniac buyer and i like to buy kaspersky but it is too expensive ¿Do you have any kind of comparative test between free and paid product? I search in av comparatives but only analize the interface, not nothing about protection or detection or desinfect

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Hi i am a compulsive maniac buyer and i like to buy kaspersky but it is too expensive ¿Do you have any kind of comparative test between free and paid product? I search in av comparatives but only analize the interface, not nothing about protection or detection or desinfect

Paid has a bunch of stuff I don't want, or need.

You can have my paid license for Kaspersky for 10 PC's, 6 months left on it. Free. I don't need all of that bloat but that's my opinion.. LOL

Cat_Volta

Level 1
Apr 20, 2017

Yes the mine its in spanish but your link is from the full version , here you can download in english, spanish and french

https://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/free-antivirus-download

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

Anyone knows how often does this free KAV updates its definitions? I know BD free updates several times a day.

Thanks

budda

Level 2
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
Update : I am using both bitdefender free and kaspersky free with comodo firewall and i can say that you can use both of these together without any issues.
Kaspersky blocked some phishing sites and bitdefender blocked others which kaspersky allowed.
Both are working well together flawlessly without any issues.
Bitdefender provides you behavior blocking which kaspersky free does not provide for free but you must install bitdefender free first otherwise it will asks you to uninstall all the security programs.

So install bitdefender free then kaspersky - comod firewall.
No lags or BSOD's.

Reactions: harlan4096

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Update : I am using both bitdefender free and kaspersky free with comodo firewall and i can say that you can use both of these together without any issues.
Kaspersky blocked some phishing sites and bitdefender blocked others which kaspersky allowed.
Bitdefender provides you behavior blocking which kaspersky free does not provide for free but you must install bitdefender free first otherwise it will asks you to uninstall all the security programs.

No lags or BSOD's.
The problem here is that both are running in real time. Issues might not surface now in terms of compatibility but there's high probability that one is not responsive when the other acts on the malware.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013

No lags or BSOD's.
That's just plain wrong, you should never run 2 AV's in realtime, you're not making your protection stronger you're making it weaker.

budda

Level 2
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
I tested that too and both working fine. If oyu want you can use both of these in VM and check how they are responding to malware.
If these is any one who can do a video by installing both of these and test it on a VM i would love to see that.
From my point of view they are working flawlessly and both are responding well.
But again that depends on their signatures because both of these are cloud antivirus.
I believe that because they are cloud they do not have any conflicts at all. Just like hitman and zemana where both can be used to run with any kind of antivirus.,
So if any one can please do a test and record a video and share it here.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I tested that too and both working fine. If oyu want you can use both of these in VM and check how they are responding to malware.
If these is any one who can do a video by installing both of these and test it on a VM i would love to see that.
From my point of view they are working flawlessly and both are responding well.
But again that depends on their signatures because both of these are cloud antivirus.
I believe that because they are cloud they do not have any conflicts at all. Just like hitman and zemana where both can be used to run with any kind of antivirus.,
So if any one can please do a test and record a video and share it here.
You mean when presented with a malware one of them works or both work? If one works then the other is not responding.

Try to get a malware that both can detect and see which quarantines/deletes

budda

Level 2
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
when i am testing it both are trying to quarantine files if they both detects a known virus.
The only problem is you can choose only 1 antivirus to delete or quarantine files.
The second test which bitdender allowed it but kaspersky blocked it.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
when i am testing it both are trying to quarantine files if they both detects a known virus.
The only problem is you can choose only 1 antivirus to delete or quarantine files.
The second test which bitdender allowed it but kaspersky blocked it.
Correct. This is the problem in having 2 real time AVs in action.

If one wants to quarantine and the other wants to delete or even no action then how? What should be the correct decision?

Reactions: roger_m

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
if both AV have exceptions handled for deleting files that don't exist, then it won't be an issue. one locks up the pc, quarantines, then the other wants to quaratine a non-existent file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.