Status
Not open for further replies.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Same here. I do not have any performance issues with Heimdal running in combo with VS and Adguard for windows. I am on 150/150 fiber glass connection but I am not sure if it makes any difference.

What exactly does Heimdal Pro do? I have only fairly recently heard of this product. I know part of what it does is auto update software, but I do not need that.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
What exactly does Heimdal Pro do? I have only fairly recently heard of this product. I know part of what it does is auto update software, but I do not need that.
It offers some more than only patching system: traffic scanning and filtering (DNS and freshly introduced VectorN - their congnitive algorithm) and anti-malware engine.
I wouldn't say that it's a necessary tool but I have for really cheap and it looks like it's working (blocking some potentially malicious websites that Adguard protection is missing) so I'll keep using it.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
It offers some more than only patching system: traffic scanning and filtering (DNS and freshly introduced VectorN - their congnitive algorithm) and anti-malware engine.
I wouldn't say that it's a necessary tool but I have for really cheap and it looks like it's working (blocking some potentially malicious websites that Adguard protection is missing) so I'll keep using it.

Nice! And you are using it along with Kaspersky free? Cool stuff. If I see a discount on it maybe I will pick up a license.

Cheers!

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
for those who want to use kaspersky with comodo firewall

When installing kaspersky antivirus choose install anyway after asking you ro remove comodo firewall
Go to comodo firewall settings
Application rules
Allow TCP or UDP for avpui.exe, avp.exe.
Thats it folks now it wont restrict kaspersky free antivirus.

i am using CFfree+bitdefender free+ kaspersky free No lag at all.
Bitdefender free is also cloud and it doesnt use much memory and kaspersky free too..
BD free and KAF both have real time protection besides cloud. They'll fight for the same malware thus rendering one non-responsive

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Very interesting, On a general note I would certainly agree With You
on almost all AV's.
But do You/Anyone know of any success stories where AV's actually made it to work
in Tandem and not destroy for each other, in realtime?
I would certainly like to know this.
Thank You.
I have used Crystal Security (cloud based) and SmadAV. Both offers real time protection without issue.

I think one cloud-based and one disk-based AV should do the trick

Last edited:

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi i dont know what to do and in what forum post

Kaspersky Free AV is very cool

Comodo works well include when say is incompatible

Now i am runing

Heimdal, Kaspersky, Comodo

But now i remember have a secure a plus licence and like to use it but i think is bloat my computr

What kaspersky antirasom does? is similar to the antirasom shield of avast?

Reactions: brambedkar59

SearchLight

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
Right now I am running KAF+CFW with CS settings+Adguard Premium. I set Firewall rules as described above in CFW, and so far no problems.

I think that for some the problem may be the fact that Kaspersky Free is a Russian associated AV, and that it will be working for some other alleged entity. That being said, looking at Avast, AVG, and Qihoo 360, they are also AV's made in other countries, and they too, collect data. Even WD Microsoft collects data on users.

I think the one that gives the best protection is what matters most for the average PC user.

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
Reactions: brambedkar59

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
for those who want to use kaspersky with comodo firewall

When installing kaspersky antivirus choose install anyway after asking you ro remove comodo firewall
Go to comodo firewall settings
Application rules
Allow TCP or UDP for avpui.exe, avp.exe.
Thats it folks now it wont restrict kaspersky free antivirus.

i am using CFfree+bitdefender free+ kaspersky free No lag at all.
Bitdefender free is also cloud and it doesnt use much memory and kaspersky free too..

Thanks for the info...interesting.
In what order did you install them?
Comodo, BIT, KAF or Comodo, KAF, BIT?

Please let us know what AV detects first, what more ...;);)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I noticed that Kaspersky Free is more limiting when it comes to making exceptions for processes.
I will give you an example: I wanted to make an exception for Dropbox desktop, because Kaspersky tends to interfere with the syncing, for some reason.
In KIS, I am allowed to except both the main dropbox exe, and the dropbox service.
In KAF, I can except only the main dropbox exe.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Been using it for some time now and I quite like it. Probably second best AV right after avast!. They kinda trade punches. Kaspersky is better interface wise quite frankly where avast! still has a bit of an edge with full fledged protection opposed to limited in KFA.

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017

kfa will not let me check my windows update > update history. check for updates kept on failing till i got rid of kfa.

this was my second shot ever with a kaspersky product, the first being years ago & am disappointed. goodbye kaspersky permanently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.